Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did you not marvel in the scenic beauty of the place Jon? ;)

Well I have to say, we dont have a giant graveyard and a harbour on the same acre anywhere in Kildare... We dont have Graham Canty either..

Very odd topic to have on tonight.. Could they not have tackled the private schools issue if they wanted to have a show with a religious bent?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's not anti-Catholic, it's anti-Catholic Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Well I have to say, we dont have a giant graveyard and a harbour on the same acre anywhere in Kildare... We dont have Graham Canty either..

Very odd topic to have on tonight.. Could they not have tackled the private schools issue if they wanted to have a show with a religious bent?
    Religious, bent?..........surely not:confused:

Who fitted Diarmuid Ferriter for that suit?

Who fitted Diarmuid Ferriter for that suit?
    "fitted"...... that's stretching the definition a bit:D

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    "fitted"...... that's stretching the definition a bit:D

I think he borrowed more than George Hook's radio show..

This is like a debate from the 1980s... awful dull stuff.

There seems to be a Catholic victim playing coming into Ireland.

They aren't able to justify their place anymore and have no credibility, so they're playing the victim card.

The priest is up for pluralism so long as Catholicism is given preference.

Oh Yeah, ask him about same-sex marriage there.

The priest is up for pluralism so long as Catholicism is given preference.

Oh Yeah, ask him about same-sex marriage there.
    My marriages is same-sex.............same sex every time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There seems to be a Catholic victim playing coming into Ireland.

They aren't able to justify their place anymore and have no credibility, so they're playing the victim card.

Dunno about that. A lot of people still use the Catholic Church for hatches, matches and dispatches. If the Catholic Church had no credibility left, people wouldn't still feel the need to use it for these occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Dunno about that. A lot of people still use the Catholic Church for hatches, matches and dispatches. If the Catholic Church had no credibility left, people wouldn't still feel the need to use it for these occasions.

Many people use the catholic church for those occasions out of social convention, not because they necessarily believe in god and/or what the catholic church stands for.

I suppose you have a point. That said, these are merely social occasions nowadays. As for marriage, contraception, homosexuality, general morality - does anyone listen to them anymore?

Like does anyone now wait until marriage before having sex?

A lot of this has more to do with custom and practice than it is to do with belief in Catholic doctrine..............
    What's that. Did I just hear that a hooker is advising men not to pay for sex......wha?

This priest is completely deluded. Ireland's Catholic Church has led the way on the covering up of the rape of children.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Paul Bradford Mr. Lucinda Creighton looks like he is wearing lipstick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Paul Bradford Mr. Lucinda Creighton looks like he is wearing lipstick :eek:

He could be polishing the hair as well :pac:

He looks like he's trying to sneakily rub it off there. He must've caught a glimpse of himself on the monitor.

I expected Mr Creighton to be a lot more alpha male.. given who he's married to..

Since when has fixing local potholes been a national issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I expected Mr Creighton to be a lot more alpha male.. given who he's married to..

He is a rich farmer with lots of land of course.

• Advertisement

I've never seen Paul Bradford on this show before. I suppose now that he is outside the FG fold and the future of the Seanad is doubt, he's probably anxious to maintain/increase his public profile.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I've never seen Paul Bradford on this show before. I suppose now that he is outside the FG fold and the future of the Seanad is doubt, he's probably anxious to maintain/increase his public profile.
    He is the best reason I've seen yet for abolishing the Seanad.:mad:

The show has become so boring of late. No good rows or tasty disclosures.
    We need Ming, Mickey the Pink, Pearse and some FG target like Damien English or Paschal for our entertainment.

How can The Seanad hold the government accountable when the government of the day will always have an automatic majority in the place?

Closing Seanad Eireann will not save money.
    They have plans to pump any savings into the Dail for their own use.

I will be voting to retain the Seanad after changing my tune due to the above.

I can't wait to see Enda's face when he loses the referendum to abolish the Seanad.

Closing Seanad Eireann will not save money.
    They have plans to pump any savings into the Dail for their own use.

I will be voting to retain the Seanad after changing my tune due to the above.

I'll be there nice and early at the polling station to vote to get rid of The Seanad. It's a complete affront to democracy. If the majority vote to retain it, it will stay as it is. There won't be any reform.

If it's not abolished we'll change this, and we'll change that... They can all go to hell, if it is not abolished it will be right back to the status quo the day after the election... Get rid of it..

I realised who Justine reminds me of.. Queenie from BlackAdder.

0000009554.jpg

• Advertisement

Sam Smyth is more effective than a sleeping tablet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement