Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'll be there nice and early at the polling station to vote to get rid of The Seanad. It's a complete affront to democracy. If the majority vote to retain it, it will stay as it is. There won't be any reform.

There won't be any money saved by closing it either. I would have been in favour of closing it if there was BUT Enda intends to pump it into the Dail for his own use. The money saved should have been diverted to Special Needs or some other necessary service.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There won't be any money saved by closing it either. I would have been in favour of closing it if there was BUT Enda intends to pump it into the Dail for his own use. The money saved should have been diverted to Special Needs or some other necessary service.

The potential Seanad savings are a tiny drop in the ocean. Enda Kenny deliberately bumped up the cost of The Seanad in order to strengthen his case to get rid of it, but the fact remains that it's nothing more than a doss house for has-beens and never-have-beens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Monsenior Bradford is very priestly in his speech and manner..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It's never going to happen Tayto, this government have done a complete hatchet job on disability services, educational supports and carer's payments :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can't wait for the local elections, I intend giving FG and Labour a piece of my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Monsenior Bradford is very priestly in his speech and manner..
    He reminds me of Daniel O'Donnell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Mary Robinson never nodded as much as yer wan! :pac:

Why does she keep throwing her head around.. I feel like I should be throwing her a fish or something..

Jaysus, Paul Bradford is the male equivalent of Mary Mitchell O'Connor :rolleyes:

Jaysus, Paul Bradford is the male equivalent of Mary Mitchell O'Connor :rolleyes:

Kermit? :D

She's making me dizzy.

• Advertisement

She's making me dizzy.

She reminds me of that sinead o'connor type person that visited Craggy Island..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Paul Bradford Mr. Lucinda Creighton looks like he is wearing lipstick :eek:

I didn't even twig what you were talking about, as I didn't get the start of the show, so I didn't know yer man was married to Lucinda. I would have never put them together, not least because of the fairly big age gap. But I have to say, OMG MrsD.

Closing Seanad Eireann will not save money.
    They have plans to pump any savings into the Dail for their own use.

I will be voting to retain the Seanad after changing my tune due to the above.

You have that right. I will also be voting to retain it, more so because Enda wants it abolished than any other reason.

darkhorse wrote: »
    You have that right. I will also be voting to retain it, more so because Enda wants it abolished than any other reason.

As far as I'm concerned Enda Kenny has been a huge disappointment (though I never expected much from him) but I'm going to use this opportunity he's given us to get rid of the most crony-filled, undemocratic institution in the State. People who intend to vote to retain it are doing so for all the wrong reasons, and they'll probably regret their decision 10 or 20 years down the line when The Seanad continues to be the same cosy crony club that it always has been and always will be.

As far as I'm concerned Enda Kenny has been a huge disappointment (though I never expected much from him) but I'm going to use this opportunity he's given us to get rid of the most crony-filled, undemocratic institution in the State. People who intend to vote to retain it are doing so for all the wrong reasons, and they'll probably regret their decision 10 or 20 years down the line when The Seanad continues to be the same cosy crony club that it always has been and always will be.

But, just think aboura, Harry. If Enda thinks its a good idea to abolish it, does that necessarily mean that its good for us.

darkhorse wrote: »
    But, just think aboura, Harry. If Enda thinks its a good idea to abolish it, does that necessarily mean that its good for us.

It's no skin off Enda's nose if the public vote to retain The Seanad. He's not going to reform it in the lifetime of this government or in the lifetime of the next government if he's re-elected.
    I can see Enda coming out on the day after the referendum and proudly spinning that he gave the citizens of Ireland the choice of retaining it or abolishing it and they chose to retain it, and if that's the case, then Enda will still have his in-built majority in the upper house, and things will continue along as they always have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Man, so many people to dislike on tonight.

Also.
    Eamon Ryan.
    Why God.
    Why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Just to remind ourselves of the kind of guy Rabbitte is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I wanna slap Rabbitte already, is that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Man, so many people to dislike on tonight.

Also.
    Eamon Ryan.
    Why God.
    Why.
    Because God decided to appear in person, (better known as Eamon Ryan):(

• Advertisement

Can I slap him with Eamonn 'Wet Fish' Ryan?

I wonder where i could get my hands on some of that gas the Syrians used.

'Printing' kills trees Eamonn!

Bad job on the make-up on Martina...she looks like yer wan from the Addams Family!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

What that fatheaded buffoon Rabbitte doesn't seem to realise is that if you don't have a tv you don't have to pay the tv licence whereas it seems that if you have no electronic device at all you'll still have to pay this new tax.

What that fatheaded buffoon Rabbitte doesn't seem to realise is that if you don't have a tv you don't have to pay the tv licence whereas it seems that if you have no electronic device at all you'll still have to pay this new tax.

None of them have brought this up so far! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I just tuned in. Who's the guy between Pat Rabbitte and Martina ?

You will be charged whether you have a t.v. or not. Rabbitte is typical Labour in that they forgot who voted for them and the principles of Labour.

Eamon Ryan always sounds like he is about to burst into tears!

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    I just tuned in. Who's the guy between Pat Rabbitte and Martina ?

John Purcell, independent broadcasters of Ireland,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement