Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Hitchens wrote: »
    None of them have brought this up so far! :mad:

Sam Smyth is a complete disaster, if it was Vinnie in the chair he'd have latched on to that and given Rabbitte a grilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

What i don't get about this new licence/tax thingy is:
    Now Pat Kenny's gone to newstalk, shouldn't that mean an 80% reduction straight off. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rabbitte's condescending sneering attitude is making my stomach turn. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

This is incredible that none of them have asked Rabbitt why is someone who has no electronic equipment whatsoever, being forced to pay this licence.........or is that the case?

Sam Smyth is a complete disaster, if it was Vinnie in the chair he'd have latched on to that and given Rabbitte a grilling.

Yep.
    Leading to maximum sneeryheadedness from Rabbitte.

Edit: When's Vinny back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What i don't get about this new licence/tax thingy is:
    Now Pat Kenny's gone to newstalk, shouldn't that mean an 80% reduction straight off. :pac:
    And if Joe and Marian went, that would be another 60%............no, wait....that would a refund to us......yes, I like it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭f3232

Did Rabbitte even know who William Martin Murphy was??? I actually don't think he did. :D

When he has browbeaten God into submission.:D

Yep.
    Leading to maximum sneeryheadedness from Rabbitte.

You won't see Rabbitte anywhere near that studio when Vinnies back, he must have thought his Christmases had all come at once when he heard Smyth was in the chair.

Oh Christ, Ryan is still wittering on.

• Advertisement

Oh Christ, Ryan is still wittering on.

He's even more unctuous than Rabbitte, did you hear him talking about how every schoolchild in the country should have an ipad? I'd love to know where he thinks the money for those would come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Lapin wrote: »
    Rabbitte's condescending sneering attitude is making my stomach turn. :mad:

That's absolutely and completely absurd. Open your ears.

Pat Rabbitte is by far the most articulate cabinet minister and in full command of his brief.

He dominated this panel tonight - with ease.

[I never vote Labour]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Why don't they call it what it really is, a Household tax, just like the water tax, the septic tank charge, they are all household tax. Call a fooking spade a spade, not a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Good loser wrote: »

Pat Rabbitte is by far the most articulate cabinet minister and in full command of his brief.

[I never vote Labour]

He just has an unfortunate habit of opening him mouth & putting his foot in it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Good loser wrote: »

[I never vote Labour]

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, the problem I have and I said it on another thread yesterday, is that even though I agree with a lot of what he says the manner in which he says it nearly makes you disagree with him.
    If he was to articulate his points in a more humble way he may win a few more people over

It's gonna be a real snooze-fest tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, the problem I have and I said it on another thread yesterday, is that even though I agree with a lot of what he says the manner in which he says it nearly makes you disagree with him.
    If he was to articulate his points in a more humble way he may win a few more people over

Perhaps.

The public are so used to politicians arse-licking them they can misread intelligence and plain speaking as arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Theo Dorgan looks a bit like Luke from Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

There's no doubt in the world the care you get the minute you go into hospital is exemplary - the problem is the administration is top heavy in my opinion. Less Chief's more Indians as they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Is there no one else to go on that show besides that crazy old dingbat from FF. Have people forgot she was a minister during those years. What about the screw job she done on people over Eircom. Disgusting.

• Advertisement

Mammy being a bit indiscreet there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Theo Dorgan looks a bit like Luke from Fair City.
    I think he looks like an older James Nesbitt.

Roger_007 wrote: »

No need for that at all.....

Sam was only making a point....

I completely agree with you.

Mary was giving out yards about the media invading the late Brian Lenihan's privacy and then she mentions Sam's daughter by name :mad:. He said someone very dear to him was ill, if he had wanted to mention who it was, he would have.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think he looks like an older James Nesbitt.

Yeah, I can see that MrsD....How do the eyebrows stay black with the grey_so_lovely hair??......:eek::D:D:D

Who is that bluffer beside Sam??

Why are TV and radio people so obsessed with getting Mammy O'Rourke as a panellist?? She's a complete and utterly irrelevancy who refuses to acknowledge that Fianna Fáil had anything to do with the economic destruction of this country. :mad:

Smyth must be having a crack at the "most boring hour of tv ever" world record tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Indiscreet and perhaps hoping to inject enough emotionalism into proceedings to shut up Theo Dorgan.
    And then, practically in the next sentence, moving on to scoring points against a rival political party.
    Breathtaking.

The Yank looks a bit like John Hurt.

• Advertisement

The yank is like a boring version of the actor, John Hurt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement