Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There was a priest's housekeeper in Rathfarnham, back in the late sixties early seventies, the mussels in her eyelids did not work. When she walked the short distance to the village she used pieces of matches to prop her lids open. Is there anyone on this site from Rathfarnham, that could recall this. I do not mean to derail the thread.

Someone will keep an eye out for her.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

There was a priest's housekeeper in Rathfarnham, back in the late sixties early seventies, the mussels in her eyelids did not work. When she walked the short distance to the village she used pieces of matches to prop her lids open. Is there anyone on this site from Rathfarnham, that could recall this. I do not mean to derail the thread.

Bang Bang used to mention that alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Are you sure it wasn't cockles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't cockles?

believe it or not it's a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Seems Sinead Ryan got in a bit of trouble a while back over this tweet..

SineadRyanTweet.jpg

(actually no I wouldnt)

It's a joke.

Edit: A bad joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Easy on there Sam, you're not in the pub..

Well Britain won't be involved in any potential action in Syria. Cameron has shown himself to be a complete idiot this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

god...could Sam Smyth be any more tedious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Ah, old Fish Eyes!

Tony EH wrote: »
    god...could Sam Smyth be any more tedious...

He is gone, thanks be to jaysus, VB does that to us to show how good he is.

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Ah, old Fish Eyes!

No she had matching eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Watch David Davin Power next time he's doing a report to the camera. He never blinks at all.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Watch David Davin Power next time he's doing a report to the camera. He never blinks at all.

He is afraid too, in case the wig moves.

He is afraid too, in case the wig moves.

Always thought he wears a wig.

Always thought he wears a wig.

Watch the different hairdos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Watch the different hairdos.

The night he came on looking like Twink sealed it for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Hitchens wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Enda's promise of appraising his ministers performance on a regular basis and letting Paddy know the result? :pac:

If Enda said the sky is blue, (under the clouds) I wouldn't believe him........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Good loser

I wish Jim Power would feck off to Antarctica or somewhere else equally remote where we never have to hear from him again.

What about that buffoon Kieran Allen? Says a lot for the calibre of staff in UCD that he made it to lecturer. I know it's only in one of the 'silly sciences'.

Doesn't appear to understand the difference between the present and past tenses, as in we gave the banks €64 bn not that we're giving them €64 bn.

He gives as an example of the 'State' creating jobs - the ESB no less. Where each employee cost €93 k last year. If top salary was reduced to €100k there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Good loser wrote: »
    Doesn't appear to understand the difference between the present and past tenses, as in we gave the banks €64 bn not that we're giving them €64 bn.

:rolleyes:

Present continuous tense:

"b) for action happening around now

The action may not be happening exactly now, but it is happening just before and just after now, and it is not permanent or habitual."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Good loser

Caonima wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Present continuous tense:

"b) for action happening around now

The action may not be happening exactly now, but it is happening just before and just after now, and it is not permanent or habitual."

Thanks. No problem with that definition.

Thing is the 'giving' is well over - perhaps about two years now.

The next action will be a pay back - of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I have just seen on my sky banner, Ivan Yates chairs tonight......wow!

He needs the money for sure:)

jimmyw wrote: »
    I have just seen on my sky banner, Ivan Yates chairs tonight......wow!

He needs the money for sure:)

Will he explain the porky he told today as regards his pension.

Will he explain the porky he told today as regards his pension.

What did he say?

Can someone explain to me why he couldn't work the last year? I know he declared himself bankrupt in the UK, but why did he have to stop working?

I hope tonight's topic isn't about banks, debt or bankruptcy. Surely he's compromised himself at least for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

What did he say?

Can someone explain to me why he couldn't work the last year? I know he declared himself bankrupt in the UK, but why did he have to stop working?
    He was living outside the country so he had to quit working for Newstalk. He had to be resident in the UK as he filed for bankruptcy there.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He was living outside the country so he had to quit working for Newstalk. He had to be resident in the UK as he filed for bankruptcy there.

So presume you can't declare yourself bankrupt and then return home.

I hope tonight's topic isn't about banks, debt or bankruptcy. Surely he's compromised himself at least for a while.
    That's easily sorted, Newstalk Breakfast has two presenters so his co-host will probably handle most of the banking or debt related issues where Yates might have a potential conflict of interest.

What did he say?

He still got his pension of €6588 a month.

So presume you can't declare yourself bankrupt and then return home.
    He was in the UK for 18 months, he had to wait until he was discharged from bankruptcy before he could return home to live in Wexford.

He was in the UK for 18 months, he had to wait until he was discharged from bankruptcy before he could return home to live in Wexford.

He still got his pension of €6588 a month.

• Advertisement

Mrs D I have tried to post a response to your post, I have tried three times and it has not been posted, I got a feedback to tell me I have duplicated my post, is their a problem with Mr Yeats pension, as regards my remarks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement