Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations

Options
  • 07-04-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm hoping to have my wedding reception I athlone and the church in LOUGHrea Galway going looking at hodson bay hotel and radisson in athlone are they good/nice etc
    My partner is from Dublin was thinking of hiring couple of buses to get his family and friends from hotel to church as they won't know the area or where to go
    Who is good for bus/taxi hire
    Also want recoMmendation for a band and florist
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The Shamrock Lodge is a great spot for wedding receptions. Been to a few there over the years as well as some Christmas parties. Always great food and quick service.

http://www.shamrocklodgehotel.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

was at a wedding in the shamrock lodge a while back, its a decent enough place and the food was lovely, as for the Hodson bay well as far as surroundings go it is a 100 times nicer than the lodge and plenty of outside space, was at a wedding there a few years ago the place is big but the food didn't match what i had in the lodge, however as i said that was a few years back, the hotel itself is nice & big.
    these guys http://www.kayetwins.com/

played at the lodge wedding, i was sober cos i was driving and i have to say they were the best wedding band i have ever heard ( i have no affiliation with them) i never heard of them before the night and judging by the van they arrived in I wasn't expecting much, but like they say you should never judge a book by its cover, they were excellent, massive range and excellent show all round. hope that helps somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ctin 68

cazzak79 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm hoping to have my wedding reception I athlone and the church in LOUGHrea Galway going looking at hodson bay hotel and radisson in athlone are they good/nice etc
    My partner is from Dublin was thinking of hiring couple of buses to get his family and friends from hotel to church as they won't know the area or where to go
    Who is good for bus/taxi hire
    Also want recoMmendation for a band and florist
    Thanks for your help

I got married last year and had Gemini 4 as our wedding band the are the best wedding band any one could have all the guest danced. one of our guest book them on the night for their wedding next June 2014 they are a loughrea band we went to see them at a wedding and booked them.
    rosebud weddings do church décor wedding flowers bridal bouquets give there website a look at rosebudweddings-ireland.com also a local business based just out side Ballinasloe

Advertisement