Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to pay more money

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

helpme23 wrote: »
    Yes u are correct indeed but i am just having to go around in circles at the minute with this and to be honest i just dont know what to ask them just tell them my story of were i am at with the visa?

Exactly - draft an email - bullet point if need be. Explain that you're at the second stage of the application and what exactly you're being asked for. Include your full name and date of birth and even passport number in the email so they can quickly identify you. If you have your WTN number even better - but am not sure how much information VisaFirst has given you.
    Don't tell them your life story, simply tell them what you have been asked for and where do you go from here.
    Keep it concise but to the point, and ask all the questions you're unsure of. They make take a couple of weeks to reply, but like I said before your Conditional Acceptance Letter is valid for 6mths, so once VisaFirst haven't created a CIC account on your behalf and started the timeline on it, then you should be fine - what I mean by that is when you go into your CIC account you have to do a checklist which determines what forms you need to send onto CIC - this starts a 60day window - but you can delete this checklist and start again at any time, so you in effect start a new window for yourself.
    Don't let the process stress you out, it is fairly straightforward, so just take your time. And keep in mind the end goal, so if everything goes according to plan then it'll be worth it.
    COYVB wrote: »
    Read the CIC link i posted. the total cost is $200 - and if you're refused you get your money back. If i take you up correctly, it sounds like these guys are looking to charge you a total of €1100 - which is close to $1500 for something that costs $200

Total cost of this should be about $400 from start to finish, with your rehabilitation certificate and visa included. You're getting completely and utterly screwed sir

Read the link COYVB posted, there's no point in coming onto the likes of boards and having people give you valid information, for you to just choose not to use it and still be annoyed with the process.
    And I know it's easy for me to say this now as I have my visa sorted, but I did do a bit of stressing when applying and found the posts here to be very helpful, but I used the information I received. COYVB is also right about the refund - this is also stated on the IEC website - if they refuse you for particular reasons, they'll refund you your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Rather than doing it via email, just pick up the phone and call the CIC. They're very helpful and will give you a straight answer in most cases. If not they'll take your email address and forward on the relevant information when they've found it. Be very clear in telling them that the company (name them) is trying to charge you whatever amount for each step, and tell them you're worried that you're being taken advantage of financially

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭helpme23

Cheers guys for the help i will get onto it 2moro just dyin with flu at the minute so my mood is some what uneven with more stress piled on top of it.But just when i did ask visa first were i was on the deadline they said my 60 days is nearly up and i would have to make up my mind by the 4th of may or my place would be lost.?So my time is limited for me to be e-mailing these guys in CIC.I think.

Best bet is do it over the phone so

Hi just trying to find a number for the cic office in london and cant for the life of me find it anywere.

• Advertisement

Their is no numbers for uk office to do with iec applications or any phone numbers for any iec applications in canada only through e-mail can you contact them about any problem.

Give the canadian one a bell instead

Yea theres only certain things you can contact them about ring them anyway a lot messing to be honest.

Ah this is getting to cost more and more got no info from them only phone numbers and web addresses and nobody picking up phones could just pay them other crowd get it over and done with even though i know im paying over the odds.

It's only 944am here, give it 20 minutes and call CIC again

• Advertisement

Hi rang one of the numbers on the cic and got taking to a guy he just gave the number off the london based office for overseas and basically they dont deal with information regarding iec.Only by e-mail.Its mad.Unless i ring the number i rang and get them to email me but i have got no id number for my application because i went with third party its just more e-mailing phoning and waseting more and more cash i dont have on phoning these places .I know im complaining but it is whats happening i just cant get any straight anwsers.

The fact that it's IEC doesn't come into it. Don't bother telling them about that. You're querying the process for a rehabilitation form, that's all

It does because i just rang the london based office got through and the just switch me directly to a recording machine.All it was doing was telling me to e-mail them with any queries.

They wouldn't have done that had you not mentioned the IEC though I'll wager. No matter what the Visa/Work Permit you're going for, this is applicable. Tell them you're looking at applying for work and have spoken to a company who said they'll handle everything for you for the costs they gave you, but you checked the CIC website and it tells you that you can do it yourself for a lot less. Tell them you just want clarification on whether or not you can do it yourself, and how much it would cost.

The IEC is something that they don't really care about all that much. It's a temporary thing so it gets fobbed off a lot. Leave that bit out and ask about it and you're much more likely to be able to actually speak to someone

Call +1-613-944-4000 and press number 2 for immigration. Don't mention the IEC. Tell them you're looking at applying for work and hopefully getting an LMO, but you have a prior DUI conviction from 8 years ago in Ireland. Explain to them that you've spoken to a company here in Ireland who are looking to charge you approximately $1,500 to get the paperwork sorted for the rehabilitation stuff, and you want to know if it's something you could do yourself for less

Cheers i will do that and let ya know the story just need to get to a landline cos me credit is of the rector scale doing all this ringing these places at the minute anyway your very helpful thank you appreciate you help cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Cheers i will do that and let ya know the story just need to get to a landline cos me credit is of the rector scale doing all this ringing these places at the minute anyway your very helpful thank you appreciate you help cheers.

Have you ever used Skype to call?
    http://www.skype.com/en/rates/
    its 2.2cents/min to Canada

Yea never taught of that will do that if i can get it at home.

Yea never taught of that will do that if i can get it at home.

you just need to buy credit using a credit card or visa card i think.

ok so set up a skpe account and then get in contact via skpe?

ok so set up a skpe account and then get in contact via skpe?

you have to buy credit, then you can phone the canadian number.

• Advertisement

Forgot that bit well i will get to that last setting up the skype be the tricky bit.

Forgot that bit well i will get to that last setting up the skype be the tricky bit.

what you mean?

Skpe account i aint got one shouldnt be hard i hope.

Skpe account i aint got one shouldnt be hard i hope.

its simple to set up a skype account should only take a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

Cheers guys for the help i will get onto it 2moro just dyin with flu at the minute so my mood is some what uneven with more stress piled on top of it.But just when i did ask visa first were i was on the deadline they said my 60 days is nearly up and i would have to make up my mind by the 4th of may or my place would be lost.?So my time is limited for me to be e-mailing these guys in CIC.I think.

your 60 days is for the CIC account?

Your conditional letter of acceptance is valid for 6 months, it says on the conditional letter that you have to apply for the cic before the expiry date on that letter, mine is August. then you can just open and set up a new my cic account if that expires can't you? People have reapplied with refusals that way too.
    Not sure but you should find out, take the pressure off a bit.

I dont know i havent seen any letters because i have went with a third party agency only what i am told from them.

I dont know i havent seen any letters because i have went with a third party agency only what i am told from them.

well after you pass stage 1, you get a conditional acceptance letter, then this is uploaded to stage 2 your my cic account.

If you are on stage 2 already, where you had to sort out your CV, fill in work permit, copy of your passport, digital photo, etc. then you should have your conditional acceptance letter. (this would have went to your my Kompass account).

I would definitely query them on this. I think they are putting you under unnecessary pressure regarding a deadline. Tell them that as far as you were told, the conditional acceptance is valid for at least 6 months, once issued. and that their deadline of 60 days is for the my cic only, which you can start the process for that again anyway (as far as I know!)

Maybe if you asked in the megathread to be sure, but I'm fairly certain they are just trying to push you so you'll make a quick decision, and its unfair if they are not giving you the correct info, especially if you are paying them for their service!

also you should ask them for access to your documents, either for them to email them to you, so you can look at the conditional acceptance letter for yourself.

i attached a screen copy of my conditional letter, they should have something like it, except your name etc. and different date for expiry.

Cheers.Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement