Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a&a top motors

Options
  • 07-04-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

hi has any one ever used a&a top motars, near jones business systems.
    need car service just dont wanna use cowboys, or anyone recommend an independent mechanic that doesnt charge alot for a simple service, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ive never used a&a so i cant help you, and I service my own car but for anything I cant do I usually use John Whelan tyres in Graiguecullen, he does servcing too and Harry in there knows his stuff. give him a bell cost wise anyhow he will do a goood job and shouldnt be too expensive.

would you consider servicing it yourself perhaps, theres guides in the motors forum on how to.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

John Costigan motors is very reasonable and gives excellent service.
    Located at back of Maxol Station on O Brien road, entrance from side road.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

Well I go to John Dermody on the Hacketstown road just before Pratt's and find him very and not out to rob you.
    Also will stand by any work done.

thanks for replies, good info to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jolou86

if your still looking I know this guy in Carlow town and he is brilliant. Not a cowboy, really reliable and helpful and nice. If you want I can PM his number

if your still looking I know this guy in Carlow town and he is brilliant. Not a cowboy, really reliable and helpful and nice. If you want I can PM his number

yes please. whats his going price for service on a 1.6 zafira

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jolou86

hadepsx wrote: »
    yes please. whats his going price for service on a 1.6 zafira

i have no concept as to how I would know the answer to that question but i will pm his number

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

Guy on the Athy Road. Couple of miles out of town on the right hand side just past Thompsons. Sign outside his gate Victor and Mechanics.

Used him at least half a dozen times and can't fault him. Prices are the best I've found and my car is always ready when he says it will be.

thanks again, john costigan charging e195 for full service on my 1.6 zafira, does that seem fair??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

hadepsx wrote: »
    thanks again, john costigan charging e195 for full service on my 1.6 zafira, does that seem fair??

That all depends on exactly what the "full service" entails and what has to be done on your car considering its age and condition. A full service in one place may not be the same as a full service in another.

Advertisement