Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Fire & Rescue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Gardaí believe that some of the gorse fires may have been started maliciously :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I'm looking at one in east Clare somewhere now..scary stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

maiden wrote: »

nothing visible except a sign up page for facebook!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

nothing visible except a sign up page for facebook!

Try opening another tab, sign in and refresh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr. G wrote: »
    Try opening another tab, sign in and refresh :)

Sign in to FB? Presumes I have a FB account :)

Don't use it, and never will ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I feel exactly the same about FB but we're definitely in a minority :D

Without going OT:
    Ireland has 1.9 million users on facebook.
    http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/digital/ireland-facebook-statistics

Your not the minority, I don't use it myself, but I understand to view the above you need to have a facebook account (I stand to be corrected on that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

Mr. G wrote: »
    Without going OT:
    Ireland has 1.9 million users on facebook.
    http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/digital/ireland-facebook-statistics

Your not the minority, I don't use it myself, but I understand to view the above you need to have a facebook account (I stand to be corrected on that).

funny enough have resisted the urge to facebook till this post!spent all last night catching up with old friends 1.9mill+1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was going to say that 1.9 million facebook users would be an awful lot of the Irish internet user base, but there's over 3 million internet users in Ireland now, wow, just wow, I remember being delighted when IOL got 1890 numbers so you could get 5 minutes internet for the price of 3.

Anyway, I'm a bit biased as some of my best friends work for Clare Fire & Rescue, but the service these people give is unbelievable, these people risk everything to save strangers or their property on a daily basis, not only that but they have to deal with some terrible situations where "normal" people would run a mile.

Yep.

The work they do and the effort they do it with on a daily basis is unbelieveable. I'm not sure if they are as appreciated but they even come into primary schools (out of their own time) and talk with kids about fire safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Not in a macabre way think it a good idea of posting photos of car crashes. It just goes to show how easy things can go so wrong and also highlights what the Emergency Services do.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭moss.ie

golden8 wrote: »
    Not in a macabre way think it a good idea of posting photos of car crashes. It just goes to show how easy things can go so wrong and also highlights what the Emergency Services do.

i must say i agree, especially RTAs than end in fatalities, I have the utmost respect for the firefighters and even know some of them personally but i think some of the pics are too much.

moss.ie wrote: »
    i must say i agree, especially RTAs than end in fatalities, I have the utmost respect for the firefighters and even know some of them personally but i think some of the pics are too much.

Perhaps but if it get the correct results then is it not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

golden8 wrote: »
    Perhaps but if it get the correct results then is it not worth it.

what do u mean by correct results?theres an assumption in youre post which suggests the end justifies the means.i always found that concept a bit scary.
    not sure if i would like to be poked on facebook with pictures of an rta involving
    anybody i know:(

pilate 1 wrote: »
    what do u mean by correct results?theres an assumption in youre post which suggests the end justifies the means.i always found that concept a bit scary.
    not sure if i would like to be poked on facebook with pictures of an rta involving
    anybody i know:(

You have read that wrong I did mention not in a macabre way but if it stops people from having crashes and teach them that they are not invincible. For your information I have had a friend killed in a Rta but if that picture of car was shown to try and stop accidents and safe life, yes it's a touchy subject but there are a lot of people out there that think that it won't happen to them. Either way the emergency services do a great job.

Advertisement