Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clicking in shoulder

Options
  • 07-04-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

ok guys, recently starting the gym everything is going well, however when I am training chest i have hit an invisible wall, i cant make any improvements and have went down in weight the past 4 weeks and just cant improve, this is whilst I am making improvements every were else, back legs etc.

I think that I have put this down to a clicking in my left shoulder its as if you flick your tongue of your teeth ( hard to explain lol) but when I come down and go back up just the last couple of inches before the bar comes to your chest and back up again i just cant get the power from it to go back up, does any one know how I can fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mayo51

EastTyrone wrote: »
    ok guys, recently starting the gym everything is going well, however when I am training chest i have hit an invisible wall, i cant make any improvements and have went down in weight the past 4 weeks and just cant improve, this is whilst I am making improvements every were else, back legs etc.

I think that I have put this down to a clicking in my left shoulder its as if you flick your tongue of your teeth ( hard to explain lol) but when I come down and go back up just the last couple of inches before the bar comes to your chest and back up again i just cant get the power from it to go back up, does any one know how I can fix this?

Hey man, im not a fitness coach or anything like that, but I do go to the gym myself 4 times a week. Ive got a few minor injuries in there, nothing major. It sounds like u are lifting too heavy, my advice would be to lift lighter for a while or take a break from that particular exercise and see what happens... Good luck mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Watch that your elbows aren't flaring, tuck them in slightly. If you're not doing shoulder mobility stuff, start. Started doing it recently myself and have great shoulder health from it. But really, it's probably a poor form issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

Watch that your elbows aren't flaring, tuck them in slightly. If you're not doing shoulder mobility stuff, start. Started doing it recently myself and have great shoulder health from it. But really, it's probably a poor form issue.

went today and did it again this time i held the grip closer together and the clicking didn't come, usually i was holding it out at the side were the wee groove is at and there was no clicking, thanks )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Glad to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

EastTyrone wrote: »

Train your rotator cuffs more

• Advertisement
Advertisement