Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking technoligies

Options
  • 07-04-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey i have applied to the above course as a mature student via cao as i find it has everything i am actually interested in, i also applied for tallaght it computer science and info tech management but DIT would be my first choice if i was accepted to any , I was just wondering is their anybody who has done this course , doing it or actually applying for it this year too>

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

pctech24 wrote: »
    Hey i have applied to the above course as a mature student via cao as i find it has everything i am actually interested in, i also applied for tallaght it computer science and info tech management but DIT would be my first choice if i was accepted to any , I was just wondering is their anybody who has done this course , doing it or actually applying for it this year too>

No trying to be smart but not being able to spell technology isnt gonna be a great start when youre applying

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pctech24

No trying to be smart but not being able to spell technology isnt gonna be a great start when youre applying

the world would be a better place without people like you.

the world would be a better place without people like you.

What, people who can spell?

What do you expect when you try to pass yourself off as a third level student and you can't even spell basic words.

I wouldn't mind most browsers come with a spell checker built in - what did you think that red line you keep seeing meant anyway?

No trying to be smart but not being able to spell technology isnt gonna be a great start when "youre" applying

that is a very basic word you seem to have forgotten to spell properly boy.

No trying to be smart but not being able to spell technology isnt gonna be a great start when "youre" applying

that is a very basic word you seem to have forgotten to spell properly boy.

It's spelled correctly, just not punctuated.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind most browsers come with a spell checker built in - what did you think that red line you keep seeing meant anyway?
    Learn to punctuate BOY.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Im also looking to see what people think of this course and dit in general

Are the modules really though ?

Is there any maths modules ?

Whats DIT kevin st campus like for socials and sports and stuff ?

Is there any girls that take up this course ?

Dit is getting some horrendous flac on this

I went to the open day and talked with current students and also a few lecturers and attended a presentation with the head man dermot clarke, the labs seem ok and some of the **** they showed me was very impressive, there seems to be very little programming and little math also, the current students seem to enjoy the course, the campus itself seemed dingy and the ladies mostly do business studies or some **** , hope this helps

no maths at all sorry :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Hi, thanks for the reply

Wow fantastic to hear theres no maths!
    Im doin lv 6 networking now and will start in dt080 if i pass my exams

Raging i missed that open day, but the course looks good and industry focused yeah.. I took a strole up to the college today, dark and dull looking, but sure wat can i do its the course i wanna do.
    I just hope there is a good social aspect to it as its very important too.

Are you starting the 080 urself in sept?

• Advertisement

I reckon I will start , I have an interview for Tallaght aswell soon and I live out here so I just have to wit and see but their is a loads of programming in Computer science but i reckon il start in DIt in Sept if everything goes to plan

Advertisement