Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drinking your own urine for health benifits

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Blast it with piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Here I go..getting meself in trouble ..again.

But first, ye are all flipping hilarious...no seriously....hilarious.:)

okay. deep breath.

Drinking Urine is an age old tribal medicine. Every culture knew it and used it. In the Vedas it is known as Amaroli - the nectar of immortality and there's even a sweet text written on it called 'Shivambu Kalpa Vidhi' telling how Shiva maintains his devastating good looks and eternal health by means of a drop of the quare stuff.

Moving many millennia forwards in time we find a certain Dr. William Armstrong who was a naturopath and who wrote a treatise called ''The Water of Life'', documenting cures he had obtained for everything from Cancer to Leprosy. As it happens there was some interest shown prior to World war 2 in financing studies into the efficacy of urine as a treatment, but then war led to the widespread development of antibiotics and all funds headed that way. After all drinking ''the waters of thine own cistern'' has one major disadvantage for pharmaceutical companies - your Pee is Free.

A very much more recent book on the subject - which makes delightful and informative reading is ''The Golden Fountain'' by Koen van der Kroon. He is a perky chappy who puts together a great deal of convincing evidence that there is much merit in the treatment of disease with auto-urine therapy.

As it happens elements of urine are already harvested and used as medicine - Urinokase is harvested from urine collected in the USA as an anti-clotting agents. Some cosmetic companies keep stables of mares for the potent urea and allantoin that is in their urine and which has skin healing properties. Babies operated on in the womb show much less scarring than post-birth operations - this is because amniotic fluid is mostly urine. Before you turn up your nose at pee, please note that you floated in it happily for the first 9 months of your life.

Many cancer-inhibiting factors are being discovered in urine.For example, Nobel Prize winner Albert Szent-Gyorgi, has isolated a substance in urine called 3-methyl-glyoxal which has been proven to destroy cancer cells.

Among the many theories as to why urine might possibly work as a medicine include reabsorption of hormones and enzymes which are high energy little buggers for the body to make in the first place, thus diverting vital energy in the body towards healing if they are returned. Glutamine, another powerful medicine, is found in good quantities in urine.

Okey dokey I'll leave it at that for the moment. Go ahead, do yer worst....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

okay. deep breath.

Drinking Urine is an age old tribal medicine. Every culture knew it and used it. In the Vedas it is known as Amaroli - the nectar of immortality and there's even a sweet text written on it called 'Shivambu Kalpa Vidhi' telling how Shiva maintains his devastating good looks and eternal health by means of a drop of the quare stuff.

Moving many millennia forwards in time we find a certain Dr. William Armstrong who was a naturopath and who wrote a treatise called ''The Water of Life'', documenting cures he had obtained for everything from Cancer to Leprosy. As it happens there was some interest shown prior to World war 2 in financing studies into the efficacy of urine as a treatment, but then war led to the widespread development of antibiotics and all funds headed that way. After all drinking ''the waters of thine own cistern'' has one major disadvantage for pharmaceutical companies - your Pee is Free.

A very much more recent book on the subject - which makes delightful and informative reading is ''The Golden Fountain'' by Koen van der Kroon. He is a perky chappy who puts together a great deal of convincing evidence that there is much merit in the treatment of disease with auto-urine therapy.

As it happens elements of urine are already harvested and used as medicine - Urinokase is harvested from urine collected in the USA as an anti-clotting agents. Some cosmetic companies keep stables of mares for the potent urea and allantoin that is in their urine and which has skin healing properties. Babies operated on in the womb show much less scarring than post-birth operations - this is because amniotic fluid is mostly urine. Before you turn up your nose at pee, please note that you floated in it happily for the first 9 months of your life.

Many cancer-inhibiting factors are being discovered in urine.For example, Nobel Prize winner Albert Szent-Gyorgi, has isolated a substance in urine called 3-methyl-glyoxal which has been proven to destroy cancer cells.

Among the many theories as to why urine might possibly work as a medicine include reabsorption of hormones and enzymes which are high energy little buggers for the body to make in the first place, thus diverting vital energy in the body towards healing if they are returned. Glutamine, another powerful medicine, is found in good quantities in urine.

That was a well presented argument, anyone who messes with you on here is just a moron. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Drinking Urine is an age old tribal medicine.
    So?

"Age old" and "medicine" rarely combine into something beneficial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Lyoto Machida does it and he's doing alright for himself healthwise. Ughhhh though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

kjl wrote: »
    read the article, feces is waste. Urine is full of nutrients. Ancient civilisation have such as the Egyptians have done it.
    They also believed that the brain was a mechanism to cool the blood and that memories were stored in the heart. I don't think I'd trust them for medical advice.

okay. deep breath.

Would love to see some links to those studies please.
    ScumLord wrote: »
    So?

"Age old" and "medicine" rarely combine into something beneficial.

True. Arsenic and mercury are 'age old' medicines. Doesn't mean they're good for you.

Just look up the books i quoted..not everything is available transcribed online...

I thought most medical and scientific journals were available online these days.

I don't really trust studies which are only published in books rather than peer-reviewed journals. Claims like these need to be peer reviewed so that other scientists can dissect the claims and verify the results. I could write a book detailing how eating toe-jam will make you immortal, I may even be able to convince some people to give it good reviews, or quote sections of bad reviews out of context to make them sound better on the book sleeve, but it won't make toe-jam any more immortality giving than it already is (0 immortality enhancement).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

kylith wrote: »
    Would love to see some links to those studies please.
    I can't seem to find any of the ancient Egyptians research papers. It's most unusual.

• Advertisement

I thought most medical and scientific journals were available online these days.

I don't really trust studies which are only published in books rather than peer-reviewed journals. Claims like these need to be peer reviewed so that other scientists can dissect the claims and verify the results. I could write a book detailing how eating toe-jam will make you immortal, I may even be able to convince some people to give it good reviews, or quote sections of bad reviews out of context to make them sound better on the book sleeve, but it won't make toe-jam any more immortality giving than it already is (0 immortality enhancement).

Fair enough. i'm not here to convince ya :D...just pointing out the possibilities ......to keep the grey matter flexible ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Ah, but they are all in the pocket of Big Pharma (TM) :pac:

ScumLord wrote: »
    I can't seem to find any of the ancient Egyptians research papers. It's most unusual.

I think they lost them when their PCs died sometime around 150BCE. Luckily I found one on http://www.prm.ox.ac.uk/thedead.html, scroll down to 'Canopic Jars' for information on ancient Egyptian beliefs about the heart and brain.

well guys piss i can take...endless mildly amusing shyte i cannot...*pressinf unfollow*...i did me best for ya OP ;)

Ziphius wrote: »
    Ah, but they are all in the pocket of Big Pharma (TM) :pac:

As are many natural remedy suppliers. Big Pharma is everywhere. For example; Carl Ichan, who owns Adventrx Pharmaceuticals, also owns around 13% of Herbalife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

kjl wrote: »
    read the article, feces is waste. Urine is full of nutrients. Ancient civilisation have such as the Egyptians have done it.

Yes, because that article is completely correct. I will never question anything that's posted on the internet ever again.

Of course there is waste in urine. It's how the body gets rid of nitrogenous waste.

Show me one piece of proper evidence that drinking urine is good for you... and "the Egyptians did it" doesn't count.

okay. deep breath.

Man your crazy. Again, evidence of any of that?
    That's great that there is all that lovely stuff in urine, but what happens when you drink them? They get filtered out and pissed out again. Any even if they didn't, why exactly would you want to be drink things like urokinase every day? And not that's it active or anything in the amounts you'd drink in a glass of urine, but going on your reasoning that all these chemicals in urine are great, urokinase is now thought to be linked to speeding up cancer growth http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20056905

Just because something is written somewhere doesn't make it at all true. You can make a case for anything using "facts", doesn't mean its true...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Budweiser drinkers do this on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

But if I drink it I can't use it for Golden Showers.

I believe the effect is significantly heightened by double or even triple 'filtered' urine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

This means you can recycle your fluoride too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hurling Mad

I often drink loads of water before I take a shower and with a full bladder shoot urine in my mouth at least once a week. Watersports is a fun game between consenting adults and what better fun than a woman squatting over you and giving you a good urine wash. Listing and watching a woman pee is a real turn on. Let there be more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

its bad for you,

• Advertisement

its bad for you,

Totally disagree, even the late Jim Stynes drank his own pee as a natural way of treating. I actually love it and if and when I have a woman shes normally into it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Totally disagree, even the late Jim Stynes drank his own pee as a natural way of treating. I actually love it and if and when I have a woman shes normally into it as well.

And it worked out well for him didn't it?

Also... you're a dirtbird

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well Bear Grylls drank the pi55/fluid from a huge lump of fresh elephant shyte.

And hes still alive and well......:pac:

"it could save your life"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well Bear Grylls drank the pi55/fluid from a huge lump of fresh elephant shyte.

And hes still alive and well......:pac:
    No he's not well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

No he's not well.

I feel for his wife.........

"So luv,how was your day today"?

"Well I ate some elephant shyte,drank some pi55,oh and I had my head inside a camels stomach,so yeah it was a good day".

"So how was your day oh beautifull wife"?

"I did the clothes washin and made the kids their lunch and dinner".

:pac::pac::D

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭anto3473

There's no such thing as alternative medicine. There is Medicine which is an evidence based and tested science and then there is quackery and the unknown.

In order to make a claim about something medical there should be a peer reviewed article from a reputable source and it should mention things like p-value and give figures and statistics. None of the urine drinking promoting things on here seem to have any of that. They all have the usual hallmarks of total pseudo-scientific BS. (see chart below)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxlr58qJJH1qbh26io1_1280.jpg

Having said all that, drinking your own urine probably wont harm you any more than drinking budweiser... but it's not going to do you any good whatsoever

And it worked out well for him didn't it?

Also... you're a dirtbird

Ye perhaps Im a dirt bird, but having loads of fun doing it, there are plenty of us pissers around who love watersports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ye perhaps Im a dirt bird, but having loads of fun doing it, there are plenty of us pissers around who love watersports

Well, as long as you practice safely.

Always use a snorkel. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wish this thread would piss off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Well, I guess it's better than blasting all and sundry with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

I often drink loads of water before I take a shower and with a full bladder shoot urine in my mouth at least once a week. Watersports is a fun game between consenting adults and what better fun than a woman squatting over you and giving you a good urine wash. Listing and watching a woman pee is a real turn on. Let there be more

I don't want to get banned for getting personal and calling you a pervert, so I won't. But you clearly need to go and see an ANALyst.

Advertisement