Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unmarried father seeking guardianship and joint custody

Options
  • 07-04-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone myself and my ex are not agreeing on a lot of things and mediation is certainly not going to fix it. I recently found out my ex will be trying to send my child to school at three years of age and the school told my ex that there is only a few days between the law of sending them at four so they will try to pull some strings and i really dont want my child to be in school so young as i think this will seriously affect her and she will struggle from day 1. I have not got guardianship. I asked her for it but she will not agree so i told her i would bring her to court and get it anyway to which she replied GO AHEAD.

There has been continuous problems for the last 3 years since we broke up and now im planning on bringing her to court for guardianship and joint custody so i have all the rights she has and can see my kids more often.

My ex is not an irish citizen and im curious will this help me in some way with getting joint custody. I know there is a good chance i will get guardianship but is there a good chance i will get joint custody also ???

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You really need to seek legal advice, try the Free Legal Aid Centre as a first base.

We cannot give legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement