Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meters in apartment complex - possibly tampered with

Options
  • 07-04-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm wondering if someone from EI can answer this or point me in the right direction - I live in an apartment block and out meters are in a cabinet in the main hallway. Over the weekend it seems that some of the switches may have been tampered with - in my own apartment we had a short power outage on friday and I noticed that a switch next to the meter for my home which did have a metal seal on it had its seal removed. Who can I contact about this problem? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi peter1892,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As Davy said above, the actual physical meter is the property of ESB Networks. If a customer suspects his/her meter may have been tampered with, the first port of call is to contact his/her electricity supplier, who can then organise a call-out from an ESB Networks' technician. Based on the investigation by ESB Networks, the supplier can then revise/make any necessary amendments to the customer's account.

If Electric Ireland is the electricity supplier in this instance, please feel free to contact us by private message so we can look into this for you (see the link in my signature).

Regards,

David

See here for more information concerning your meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Thanks for the response! I'll give ESB networks a call.

Advertisement