Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G Sig 553 battery connection problem

• 07-04-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Got myself the above a couple of weeks ago and its driving me nuts. The battery connection keeps breaking due I think to the stupid large tamiya connector built into the frame.
    I put a large to small adaptor on the connector then ran my battery from that. Only problem is the connection keeps breaking pretty much as soon as I get the barrel cover back on. I have replaced the adaptor once already and prior to fitting the battery I push the adaptor down as hard as I can ( It should be noted there is no hook to hold the adaptor on like you would see with any other connection)
    Am posting up in the hopes that there are other 553/2 owners who have had the same issue and have managed to overcome it as when it fires the gun is great.
    My apologies if I'm not articulating my issue very well but its one of those things its easier to show then describe which is why I'm sticking up a few photos.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    4DF3AC85-C87B-4BA3-8CB5-B072ED91D534-13798-0000068AED2E782D_zps2027ee79.jpg
    1A21A09B-CFCD-4A8A-B3B2-E58CCE061D6A-13798-0000068B05FC6D25_zps1ccb4673.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

It's not breaking the connection due to the adapter, but rather hoe the gun's connector meets wuth the gearbox. Ut uses two copper conacts; one on upper receiver, one on lower. Pull back on the handguard i.e into you as your holding the gun, and it'll fire.

If you want/need pictures, let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Inari wrote: »
    It's not breaking the connection due to the adapter, but rather hoe the gun's connector meets wuth the gearbox. Ut uses two copper conacts; one on upper receiver, one on lower. Pull back on the handguard i.e into you as your holding the gun, and it'll fire.

If you want/need pictures, let me know!
    I will try pulling back the hand gaurd (green plastic covers yeah?) and see how I get on before I put you to anymore trouble. Thanks for your reply and wish me luck :)
    Yeah that worked. Cheers matey your a star bar with your own car

Advertisement