Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Vs Man City 8.4.2013 KO:20:00

• 07-04-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

time for a match thread :D

Going for 3-1 with a brace from RVP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hopefully we'll turn the ''quiet neighbours'' over. A repeat of the 6-1 would be nice, but I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win, thanks very much. Tevez scoring the winner would be a nice brucie bonus!

Actually, head talking rather than heart, I think it'll end up as a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I hope United win. Opens up the race for 2nd/3rd/4th even more by dragging City back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Wonder who will be the champions of Manchester....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bring it on!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick hurling yesterday, Munster rugby today, Wrestlemania tonight, Manchester Derby tomorrow. Roller-coaster weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

COME ON REDS! WHOOOO!

er....I mean....hope united edge it, 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

RVP will score tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RVP will score tomorrow.

Still have this as my desktop background.

Robin+Van+Persie+Manchester+City+v+Manchester+pipIkbXqlEUl.jpg

He'll score twice tomorrow night and end his drought in style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

If united play like they did against Chelsea, they will be mauled.

If united play like they did against Chelsea, they will be mauled.

Ah here, steady on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

For completely selfish reasons I'm hoping for a United win - as a Villa fan the prospect of facing a United team who need to beat us a few games down the line to clinch the league just isn't pleasant. I'd much rather a team fresh from celebrating, with a few players in there to get them up to the required appearances to pick up a medal at the end of the season. Might get a point, or not get hammered too badly, in that situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fully expect a City win, United looked very weak against Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Fully expect a City win, United looked very weak against Chelsea.

And City have looked strong all season, that's why they're 15 points behind United.

The amount of ****e people come out with on here at times is hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You can be certain that Utd will be up for this more than any other game this season.

And City have looked strong all season, that's why they're 15 points behind United.

According to Mancini & co. they are as good as us this season & the 15 point gap is an illusion.Lol.
    Have they forgotten the basic concepts of points awarded for winning games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Another step closer to the title.

RIP Tevez

iDave wrote: »

RIP Tevez

That is going to have to be brushed up at some stage. Hopefully after tomorrow night.

article-2305466-19292C79000005DC-323_634x424.jpg

Over 17k votes from United fans compared to 3k from City fans in the "No likey,no lighty" poll to see which teams colours got prominence on Manchester Town Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

iDave wrote: »
    Another step closer to the title.

RIP Tevez

Remember this? I'm not the most comfortable with you making predictions. Or your choice of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Remember this? I'm not the most comfortable with you making predictions. Or your choice of words.
    Jesus Winston id forgotten I made that comment myself how the hell did you remember

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Will take a draw if needs be but would love to squash their windpipe with our boots tomorrow.

I assume Fergie will be a bit negative and that Yaya will discover some beast form to celebrate his new contract and City will probably nick it. Felt the same about the Chelsea game which we really should have been up for but just simply werent.

Hoping for a much improved performance

United 1- 7 City for me so.

Honestly, if I had to bet I think it will be a draw. Might actually be good game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not particularly fussed about this game as opposed to others in recent years (the 2.45am kick off time could have a lot to do with that :rolleyes:). The league is done and City have a massive semi final on Saturday so if we lose but get out of it with no injuries that's fine with me.

Tipping a 1-1 draw though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

2-0 win to Manchester United for me.

Early lead with a high paced start and a late, counter-attacking clincher..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

****ing hate poker!!

case card my bollix

Is Rooney fit for the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I just had an epiphany. RVP lost his form in or around the time I started using him as my sig...

2284284_o.gif

It's going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Enjoy be able to see match tonight. Have club committee meeting, and there's no way we'll get finished in time.
    Rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I think city are a great bet a 9/4,im a United fan but we have been pants since going out of the Champions league,woeful performances and bad decision making.

Can't see us winning this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Uniteds last game of the season so no doubt fergy will have them fired up, its a kinda nothing to play for game so hopefully both teams just go for it though mancini has a habit of playing defensively in big games.

One of those games either team could win or possibly draw.

Don't really care who wins, though a united win gives arsenal an extremely outside chance at 2nd.

1-1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

And you're never responsible for posting ****e in the soccer forum,are you? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Uniteds last game of the season so no doubt fergy will have them fired up, its a kinda nothing to play for game so hopefully both teams just go for it though mancini has a habit of playing defensively in big games.

Don't really care who wins, though a united win gives arsenal an extremely outside chance at 2nd.

1-1
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

1-1

tumblr_inline_mj0tlmIZ0d1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

1-1

Hate this tbh. Was the same after the Chelsea game last week, some people spouting that there were no games of any meaning left for United.

Still have Arsenal away and Chelsea at home, and i couldn't give a ****e if we had the league won by January, I'll still want to beat them, as well as the rest of the games too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Utd to win to put more pressure on Mancini, can still see City strolling to 2nd but if they lose tonight there'll be a few teams looking up to see if they can captailise on City dropping points.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hate this tbh. Was the same after the Chelsea game last week, some people spouting that there were no games of any meaning left for United.

Still have Arsenal away and Chelsea at home, and i couldn't give a ****e if we had the league won by January, I'll still want to beat them, as well as the rest of the games too

We have the chance to break the 100 points barrier although setting a new League points record would be nice plus putting the boot into City would be a bonus,if I'm right,as it stands City are the 3rd worst Champions in a follow on season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

For the punters PP are doing a special Van persie wincast 4/1 by text. Text 'your stake' Van Persie Wincast Potty Prices to 51465. I thought it was good value :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

7FG2KA.jpg:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I just phoned paddy power for a special RSVP not to score and city to win got 7/2 - bet with the head shout at the tele with my heart.

United confirmed no minute silence tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The effects of last night are wearing off. Starting to get excited about this again now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

United confirmed no minute silence tonight.

No way that would have been respected.

Anyway. Game on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hoping for RVP to get back amongst the goals tonight

Going 3-1 United

karma_ wrote: »
    No way that would have been respected.

Anyway. Game on!

True and at least now we can concentrate on football rather then letting trolls have field day.

Just over hour now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Predicting a 3-3 thriller for us neutrals who will be watching. RVP 1st goal & possible Hat Trick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

City : Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Clichy; Barry, Yaya Toure; Milner, Silva, Nasri; Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

@ave_neel: Man Utd XI to play Man City: De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Jones, Giggs, Rooney & Van Persie.

From a randomer off twitter

Edit: And it was wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    City : Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Clichy; Barry, Yaya Toure; Milner, Silva, Nasri; Tevez.

Utd : Man Utd XI: De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Welbeck, Carrick, Jones, Giggs, Rooney & Van Persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Backed city at 21/10, I think they are a great price. Utd have been adverage lately. I think city will catch them tonight.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Backed city at 21/10, I think they are a great price. Utd have been adverage lately. I think city will catch them tonight.

There's only 3 points on offer, not 15. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

niallo27 wrote: »

They giving 15 points for the win now?:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement