Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Vs Man City 8.4.2013 KO:20:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Only would Fergie persist with two off form wingers, and mis-use a genuine top class number 10 in Kagawa. I know it's essentially a dead rubber game, but surely he should be sticking the knife into City after the way they lost the title last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Disappointing. City deserved it. Whay Fergie left it so late to bring anyone on is beyond me.

Jones played well. Carrick wasn't bad and eh..that's about it.
    Too many long aimless balls from Utd in the first half. City easily finding space between the Utd midfield and defence and no pressure from Utd when City had the ball.

I know Utd are still 12 points ahead but I'm pretty pissed right now. Losing to City at home and that's the last few games now where Utd have been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So fcuking proud of the lads tonight

Superbia in Proelio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hitchens wrote: »
    Utd need 12 points from 7 games to win the title?

They actually may not need any points!

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think he is talking about utd fans complaining about a manager who has them 12 points clear with 6 games to go. It's quiet bizarre.

Okay, but it isn't just the league. The CL, FA Cup and this massive derby game. Champions elect but you wouldn't have thought it.

And to be honest, they haven't been great all season. Van Persie got a lot of luck before Christmas which meant results turned out okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Main reasons im bothered about this loss would be it could of been avoided for all of citys play they didnt really have many clear chances.

That and now have to listen to the waffle from mancini and co bout city still somehow being best team in league avoid defeat that would of been avoided.

Well its waffle from Mancini or Ferguson. Think I prefer the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Only would Fergie persist with two off form wingers, and mis-use a genuine top class number 10 in Kagawa.

Yeah, because he's such a poor manager and doesn't know what he's doing. :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Personally speaking, I'd like to see Giggs on the pitch for the next season or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Okay, but it isn't just the league. The CL, FA Cup and this massive derby game. Champions elect but you wouldn't have thought it.

The FA cup was poor. I thought the tactics against Madrid were spot on in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Some insult to leave Kagawa on the bench till the end behind Valenica. Poor performance from which ya can't take anything away from City. Delighted with Phil Jones on the plus side.

The FA cup was poor. I thought the tactics against Madrid were spot on in fairness.

Completely deserved to beat Madrid. Possibly that seriously hurt morale to the point where the team just couldn't remotivate themselves for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Phil Jones face just keeps on giving

BHW6iI6CQAEqugl.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was Toure not awarded MOTM just before full time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Utd need 12 points from 7 games to win the title?
    Lets assume that Man City win their remaining 7 games (they will drop points somewhere, but lets consider it anyway)

Man City currently have 65 points, add 21 to that and you get 86. Man United are currently on 77. 9 points would take it to goal difference, 10 would take the title. I can't see United losing to West Ham, Villa, or Stoke. I think we will also beat West Brom (if we have to). I also see us getting a draw against Swansea and Arsenal. So I still can't see us losing the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The 'greatest commentator of all time'(tm) sweeping Hartes horrible mistake under the carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pretty poor game of football. Think United need someone in the centre to drive them forward when the game isn't going their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mike Dean gave out 9 yellows yet there was hardly a bad tackle in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Blatter wrote: »
    Yeah, because he's such a poor manager and doesn't know what he's doing. :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike.

So tell me. Do you agree with Fergie's selection policy in persisting with Young and Valencia and apparently completely freezing out Nani? And bringing on Kagawa in the 90 minute, when he should have been introduced way earlier?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as big an United fan as anyone, but it seems to be against the law, or certainly the forum charter,to criticize Fergie. No-one in the world is infallible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Lets assume that Man City win their remaining 7 games (they will drop points somewhere, but lets consider it anyway)

Man City currently have 65 points, add 21 to that and you get 86. Man United are currently on 77. 9 points would take it to goal difference, 10 would take the title. I can't see United losing to West Ham, Villa, or Stoke. I think we will also beat West Brom (if we have to). I also see us getting a draw against Swansea and Arsenal. So I still can't see us losing the title.

it would be fair interesting if Utd lost the next 2 and City won their next 2, but it should be Utd's title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Xavi6 wrote: »

BHW6iI6CQAEqugl.jpg
    Brilliant post Xavi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Mike Dean gave out 9 yellows yet there was hardly a bad tackle in the game.

No, there was 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

The 'greatest commentator of all time'(tm) sweeping Hartes horrible mistake under the carpet.

Ian Harte? or Joe Hart even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

He looks like Wilson from Castaway with that haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Completely deserved to beat Madrid. Possibly that seriously hurt morale to the point where the team just couldn't remotivate themselves for the rest of the season.

Yeah, leading by one goal is convincing victory, my ass. United got a taste of their own medicine as they had a lot of dodgy referee's decisions in favour of them in the last few years. The refs in Europe aren't intimidated by Fergie like the ones in the Premiership are. Suck it up and get over it. United never stood a chance winning getting to the final of the Champions League anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,665 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

City deserved the win played the best

Wonder how that United fan who made the ''Aguer-nooooo'' banner is feeling?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Was Toure not awarded MOTM just before full time?

James Milner was my man of the match . Everything that was good about city's play Milner seemed to be involved in it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ian Harte? or Joe Hart even?

Ian Harte, he was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "It wasn't a bad performance by us, so I'm not disappointed in that respect. I'm disappointed with the goals we gave away.

"I think we were unlucky to lose the game. But it is easy to see why these were the best two teams in the country - the evidence was there tonight."

Fergie's the greatest we've seen but watching that interview, what are these games "bringing Rooney on" for exactly? If the lad's not fit/can't get fit, don't play him or move him on! Rooney's been blunt for most of the season and a big call needs to be made one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

BHW6iI6CQAEqugl.jpg

BHW7nWyCcAA4yQw.jpg

Close up , bloody brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "It wasn't a bad performance by us, so I'm not disappointed in that respect. I'm disappointed with the goals we gave away.

"I think we were unlucky to lose the game. But it is easy to see why these were the best two teams in the country - the evidence was there tonight."

It was?

Did it appear after the game was over?

Soby wrote: »
    BHW7nWyCcAA4yQw.jpg

Close up , bloody brilliant
    37527184-333F-4828-A710-6D2AF0826B22-3838-0000064107A02D73.jpg

United got a taste of their own medicine as they had a lot of dodgy referee's decisions in favour of them in the last few years.
    That is so far off the mark, one must comment that your ass typed it! And is hardly Utd's fault so isn't their medicine. This season Utd have had decisions going against them (Spurs and Everton off the top of mind) on the top of the Real one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

blueser wrote: »
    Brilliant post Xavi!

Head to Twitter and check out #TweetYourPhilJonesFace ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Fergie's the greatest we've seen but watching that interview, what are these games "bringing Rooney on" for exactly? If the lad's not fit/can't get fit, don't play him or move him on! Rooney's been blunt for most of the season and a big call needs to be made one way or another.

12 goals and 9 assists in 22 league games would suggest you are wrong.

Only 9 players in the league ahead of him on goals and only 7 ahead on assists despite him missing 33% of Uniteds league games to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah, leading by one goal is convincing victory, my ass. United got a taste of their own medicine as they had a lot of dodgy referee's decisions in favour of them in the last few years. The refs in Europe aren't intimidated by Fergie like the ones in the Premiership are. Suck it up and get over it. United never stood a chance winning getting to the final of the Champions League anyway.

LOL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

United have been consistent in the PL all season, unlike City, but I think if City turn it on, they'll be too strong for United tonight. City 3-1.

Close but no cigar. Could have had a nice profit @ 22/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

If we're being honest United will win what has been a terribly poor PL season. I hope Mourinho does come back to Chelsea to shake things up a bit. City have shown themselves to be nothing more than pretenders who got lucky last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

aidan24326 wrote: »
    If we're being honest United will win what has been a terribly poor PL season. I hope Mourinho does come back to Chelsea to shake things up a bit. City have shown themselves to be nothing more than pretenders who got lucky last season.

They're a badly managed side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

They're a badly managed side.

Thats all of city's problems in a nutshell . They have all the money you could want but the manager doesn't seem to have a clue about the getting the best out of his players . Tonight being a perfect example , they showed up and won but at times they don't show up and only get a draw against teams they should be beating .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Iago wrote: »
    12 goals and 9 assists in 22 league games would suggest you are wrong.

Only 9 players in the league ahead of him on goals and only 7 ahead on assists despite him missing 33% of Uniteds league games to date.

You know as well as I do that he's been hit and miss this season and regardless of his stats, there's been more smokescreen with regards to him and his form than any other player. Surely I can't be the only United fan growing tired of the 'Wayne needs games', 'Wayne's coming along', 'another game or two should do him good' when we've only a handful of games left in season.

There's only so many little injury/resting/tactical excuses that can be given for his absence or performances before something gives. Rooney has all the signs of a player on his way out...I really hope I'm wrong and that he comes back with a bang next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Rooney is physically on the slide. The intensity has gone out of his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think I've heard all this before about Rooney, after the World Cup in 2010 being the last time. He will bounce back and he has been part of a team thats running away with the league title. It takes time to get in sync with a new striker sometimes. I think next season RVP and him could be devastating altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

irish son wrote: »
    I fancy City tonight, I stuck €5 on City to win and Milner to score anytime 13/1.

jaysus well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

tossy wrote: »
    I just phoned paddy power for a special RSVP not to score and city to win got 7/2 - bet with the head shout at the tele with my heart.

I should trust my gut instinct more often. Thank you paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

aidan24326 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. A three horse race going down to the wire mid-May is all I'm asking for. Not too greedy... right? The Chelsea squad needs a bit of work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Couldn't agree more. A three horse race going down to the wire mid-May is all I'm asking for. Not too greedy... right? The Chelsea squad needs a bit of work though.

Chelsea have a terrific squad, but like City is just mismanaged. The wrong players starting in the wrong positions to boot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging again next season. The only thing they really need to a top quality striker. The other problems they have are minor in comparison and will be compensated by having somebody they can rely on up top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

So tell me. Do you agree with Fergie's selection policy in persisting with Young and Valencia and apparently completely freezing out Nani? And bringing on Kagawa in the 90 minute, when he should have been introduced way earlier?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as big an United fan as anyone, but it seems to be against the law, or certainly the forum charter,to criticize Fergie. No-one in the world is infallible

No, there is no problem with criticising Ferguson but what is nauseating is people saying things like ''Only would Fergie persist with two off form wingers, and mis-use a genuine top class number 10 in Kagawa''

There is a clear implication there that Ferguson lacks basic managerial skills and is clueless, which is obviously bollocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement