Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Vs Man City 8.4.2013 KO:20:00

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Kirby wrote: »
    Chelsea have a terrific squad, but like City is just mismanaged. The wrong players starting in the wrong positions to boot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging again next season. The only thing they really need to a top quality striker. The other problems they have are minor in comparison and will be compensated by having somebody they can rely on up top.

Chelsea have the makings of a terrific squad but it definitely needs a bit of work. As you said, a top quality striker is a must. Who knows what will happen with Torres!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Chelsea have the makings of a terrific squad but it definitely needs a bit of work. As you said, a top quality striker is a must. Who knows what will happen with Torres!

Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Lukaku.

Nowhere near the standards of RVP/Aguero/Tevez... at least yet! I wonder if come September they'll be sticking with the 5 man midfield. I kind of expect them too, so don't know whether Lukaku will be loaned again or whether Torres will still be there!

Nowhere near the standards of RVP/Aguero/Tevez... at least yet! I wonder if come September they'll be sticking with the 5 man midfield. I kind of expect them too, so don't know whether Lukaku will be loaned again or whether Torres will still be there!

How can you see that when he hasn't got a real chance with them yet? Has he proven that he will he be an improvement on what's there? In my opinion, yes.

Aged 19, he's scored 13 goals (many of them fine individual efforts) in a limited West Brom team. Imagine what he could do with probably the most creative midfield (Mata, Hazard, Oscar) in the league behind him. His game of power and pace allied with his improved work-rate makes him the ideally suited to the formation you mention too.

Not saying they wont buy a top striker but he should definitely be kept by them next season and given a proper go of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Blatter wrote: »
    No, there is no problem with criticising Ferguson but what is nauseating is people saying things like ''Only would Fergie persist with two off form wingers, and mis-use a genuine top class number 10 in Kagawa''

There is a clear implication there that Ferguson lacks basic managerial skills and is clueless, which is obviously bollocks.

/pops on tinfoil hat

He doesn't rate Kagawa, and the lad is only in the squad as they ditched Park and needed a marketing tool for the Asian arm of the club.

/pops on tinfoil hat

He doesn't rate Kagawa, and the lad is only in the squad as they ditched Park and needed a marketing tool for the Asian arm of the club.

Yea that's why he played him in the first leg against Real. Marketing!!! You are clueless! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Yea that's why he played him in the first leg against Real. Marketing!!! You are clueless! :rolleyes:

Note; "pops on tinfoil hat".

Advertisement