Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the 3 Business SIM only plan the best value plan on the market?

• 07-04-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

In looking at all the other operators I think we may have overlooked what may be in fact the best value contract on the market - the 3 SIM only Business Plan for €24.60/month (incl. VAT). I assume if you claim to be self-employed then you can qualify for a business plan.

The plan includes the usual unlimited calls, text and data but it also includes NI landlines and free calling/texting Ireland from the UK along with other 3 networks so very handy for people around the Border Region of travelling to the UK a lot. Also the Business Plans have relatively low cost international calls like 12.3c/minute to Europe and 15c to the US and Canada etc.

http://www.three.ie/business/priceplans/sim-only.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

kn wrote: »
    In looking at all the other operators I think we may have overlooked what may be in fact the best value contract on the market - the 3 SIM only Business Plan for €24.60/month (incl. VAT). I assume if you claim to be self-employed then you can qualify for a business plan.

The plan includes the usual unlimited calls, text and data but it also includes NI landlines and free calling/texting Ireland from the UK along with other 3 networks so very handy for people around the Border Region of travelling to the UK a lot. Also the Business Plans have relatively low cost international calls like 12.3c/minute to Europe and 15c to the US and Canada etc.

http://www.three.ie/business/priceplans/sim-only.html

Probably best to ask in mobiles or bargain alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yes, it is the cheapest and best value plan on the market, without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

the standard €20 topup on 3 prepay is pretty much identical just that ni landlines are not included, i see alot of people praising sim only bill pay when topup in most cases is the same if not coming in alot better with most companies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Already a thread covering the plan in BA, so moved to mobiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You can't 'claim' to be self employed as you'd need your company registration number to sign up (same as any of the business plans with all the operators) along with other proofs of ID that they dont ask for when signing up to personal plans (proof of address with your name and business name on it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

There are ways around this. You can set-up your company relatively cheap and go from there.
    Even a registered business name should work. If I am correct, you could also register a company in a foreign country cheaper and use it for that. I am not sure if Three go against foreign companies for their customers.

It all depends how much you are willing to do, to get a good deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

There are ways around this. You can set-up your company relatively cheap and go from there.
    Even a registered business name should work. If I am correct, you could also register a company in a foreign country cheaper and use it for that. I am not sure if Three go against foreign companies for their customers.

It all depends how much you are willing to do, to get a good deal.

I know this thread is old but i just taught id correct the above post. You can be a sole trader and still be able to sign up to a business contract. I am a farmer. My son and I signed up for the above sim only plan. I cant remember exactly what was involved but it didn't involve setting up a company!

Advertisement