Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee to knock airport?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I found a really good deal on Ryan air to a bit of sun and the bus eirrann website says it takes SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS from Tralee to knock...lol.... I'd be to the sun and back again in that time! Does anyone know if there's a private bus service or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

encore1 wrote: »
    I found a really good deal on Ryan air to a bit of sun and the bus eirrann website says it takes SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS from Tralee to knock...lol.... I'd be to the sun and back again in that time! Does anyone know if there's a private bus service or anything?

More importantly whats the good deal ?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    More importantly whats the good deal ?:p

Ha...I'll tell you if you find me a quicker way to get to knock!

Ha...I'll tell you if you find me a quicker way to get to knock!

Check out the google maps link i posted..... Google wouldnt lie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You'd be mad to do that journey!

• Advertisement

Ya wouldnt be too bad if you were driving but i wouldnt put my worst enemy on a bus for seven hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

I know! Driving would be the ideal but my car is on its last legs so bussing it is the only option....
    Ah, if I can't find a private bus I'll just fly out of cork, just thought I'd chance it and see if anyone on here might know as I'm not from the kingdom!

I say people of Tralee, please don't knock the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Is there not something better from Shannon within €100 of the price of your holiday? I'd say Bus Eireann are charging you enough for a return trip, and 7.5 hours is gaga - particularly when you're coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

No. 13 Tralee ->Limerick takes 2 hours.

X51 Limerick->Galway takes 1:20.

No. 64 Galway->Knock Airport takes 1:40.

Put 'em all together and you should get 5 hours. Unfortunately you'll need to make connections which will stretch it out. I suspect the journey planner probably put you on the 51 (not the X51) service which is a stopping service taking an extra hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

You could use city link from limerick to galway too if the times don't suit with bus eireann. Hope that helps.

http://www.citylink.ie/

Ive heard before flights can be an awful lot cheaper at Knock Airport than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I know! Driving would be the ideal but my car is on its last legs so bussing it is the only option....
    Ah, if I can't find a private bus I'll just fly out of cork, just thought I'd chance it and see if anyone on here might know as I'm not from the kingdom!

You could hire a car at Kerry airport & drop off at Knock airport. You'll get there in half the time (just over 3 hours, similar journey time to Dublin airport). Single bus fare seems to be €31, I just checked a few of the car hire companies & you can get a Mondeo with Budget on that basis for €68. Some of the other companies are over €100 for the same thing, but if there are no additional charges that's what I would be doing! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Screenshot of car hire prices attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Or you could just fly from Kerry Airport. There are flights this summer to Allicante in Spain, Faro in Portugal and Palma in Majorca.

http://www.kerryairport.ie/timetable/

Much closer than Knock, Cork or Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Seamu$ wrote: »
    You could hire a car at Kerry airport & drop off at Knock airport. You'll get there in half the time (just over 3 hours, similar journey time to Dublin airport). Single bus fare seems to be €31, I just checked a few of the car hire companies & you can get a Mondeo with Budget on that basis for €68. Some of the other companies are over €100 for the same thing, but if there are no additional charges that's what I would be doing! Best of luck!

You would also have to do the same to get home, so double the cost!

Advertisement