Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney sweep in D13 area

Options
  • 07-04-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi.
    I live in an old house in the D13 area and the coal fire hasn't been lit in 25 years.
    Can anyone recommend a good Chimney sweep to check, test and clean the chimney? Has anyone heard of the "soot-doctor"? Are they any good?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can personally highly recommend Stack Chimney Services.
    See here for further info: http://stackchimneyservices.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eoneill

Hi Hill Billy. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give him a call.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I used Dublin Chimney Sweep a few months back based on a recommendation on here.
    Arrived on time, quick, clean and friendly. I'm no expert on chimney sweeping, but I had no complaints at all and would be happy to recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 josh79

I used George, The soot doctor a year ago. He fitted an air vent for me as my fireplace was smoking. Found him very knowledgable and he has CCTV cameras for chimneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is it expensive?

• Advertisement

Not sure about CCTV but for the work he did I found him very reasonable. Sweepmychimney.ie was his site

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

josh79 wrote: »
    Not sure about CCTV but for the work he did I found him very reasonable. Sweepmychimney.ie was his site

Cost? Ballpark

Sweep and fitting of the vent with draft reducers was around 150. Core drilled the wall for vent. Stopped it smoking. Was told I needed a downdraft hat but this sorted the problem.

Advertisement