Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handle bars gsx600f

• 07-04-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me can I raise the bars on a 1993 gsx600f being a lady I find the the reach a bit tough and it also kills my wrists.thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

theres one in E motorcycles with a streefighter conv done on it, nearly sure it has renthal type bars on it, have a mooch round ebay for top yoke conversion kits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR1100-XX-Blackbird-99-07-Silver-MFW-Top-Yoke-Conversion-New-/370653028412?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item564ca4603c

not your bike but might be worth a message to them, you'll probably have to change brake and clutch lines too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

renthal or drag bars and a set of risers to suit and depending on the rise you like you,you might have to factor in a new clutch cable and or front brake lines ,,i added drag bars as you might get away with your own cable set up as there flat style and dont have the extra inch the renthal type bar has:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I wonder how much improvement a conversion will give on an 'F' compared to a GSXR seeing as it has somewhat raised bars from the factory?

How tall are you OP? I don't know if you've owned the bike forever or not but if you're not used to sports bikes, the first thing I always advise is to focus on taking up the strain with your lower back rather than leaning on your wrists. I got my first gixxer recently and I have the opposite problem seeing as these bikes are cramped and I'm quite tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

Thanks for the replies

Advertisement