Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC refusals

Options
  • 07-04-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello,

I was just wondering, has anyone been refused from the CIC part for getting the IEC visa? And if so, on what grounds? I HATE waiting to hear news about this visa. Can they reject you from your CV?

The MYCIC website is also CRAP and never seems to load whenever I actually want to check my status. Head melt!

Thanks,

Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Hello,

I was just wondering, has anyone been refused from the CIC part for getting the IEC visa? And if so, on what grounds? I HATE waiting to hear news about this visa. Can they reject you from your CV?

The MYCIC website is also CRAP and never seems to load whenever I actually want to check my status. Head melt!

Thanks,

Niamh

Don't think anyone has posted on here that they've been refused. Your CV isn't all that important, the reason they probably ask for it is to ensure your dates for work experience match up from the forms you filled in and all that.

Try different browsers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 coraxx

I have been refused because i had a previous visa in 2010 even though usit told me i was eligible :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

coraxx wrote: »
    I have been refused because i had a previous visa in 2010 even though usit told me i was eligible :-(

Well for on once it's not actually USIT's fault, you should have been eligible. That's presuming your previous visa was only for 12 months? Did you contact USIT about your refusal?

I went with USIT on my 2010 visa and this one i am on now which is up in 2 weeks. I spoke to USIT and they told me that i was entitled to a new one. Someone changed to rules but in Jan i was allowed apply! For this new visa i couldnt go through usit because i am living in Canada

I went with USIT on my 2010 visa and this one i am on now which is up in 2 weeks. I spoke to USIT and they told me that i was entitled to a new one. Someone changed to rules but in Jan i was allowed apply! For this new visa i couldnt go through usit because i am living in Canada

Oh well in that case you're not eligible I'm afraid. When they changed the rules towards the end of last year it was specified that you're only eligible if you've spent no more than 12 months in Canada on a working holiday visa.

Regardless of whether your previous visas were granted through IEC or not doesn't make a difference. Whoever you spoke to in USIT was an idiot.

• Advertisement

I know and i only found out last night, when i applied in Jan it said that if you applied in 2010 or earlier that it is not counted in the new scheme, i did read that and USIT told me, i feel they changed it since JAN? Either way im sooooo fed up with the Canadian visa rules. This is the second time i had to sell up everything, in 2011 i had to leave because they refused my pasport picture even though it was less then a yr old and was 10yr passport and the only country i travelled to on it was Canada!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

when i applied in Jan it said that if you applied in 2010 or earlier that it is not counted in the new scheme, i did read that and USIT told me

Im pretty sure this was never true.

retalivity wrote: »
    Im pretty sure this was never true.

I really don't think so either. There was certainly nothing about that in the original press release. Where did you read it?

Cant remember now, ah sure dosent matter now flying home next week! Canadian government is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Cant remember now, ah sure dosent matter now flying home next week! Canadian government is a joke!

whys that?

You had two visa's and that's all your eligible for, you should have applied for PR or an LMO.

• Advertisement

I was told i was entitled to a 2 yr visa because my 2010 visa was meant to be excluded in the new programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sparrow_Hawk

Where do I find the CIC login to begin part 2 of application? could someone please post the link

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

I was told i was entitled to a 2 yr visa because my 2010 visa was meant to be excluded in the new programme!

Someone told ya wrong mate:D ya had 2 years in canada on a working holiday visa you hardly expected to get another 2 years or stay there forever on one;) you should apply for an LMO or via the PR route:D

My friend had a visa in 2010 and 2012 and was accepted his 2yr visa yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My friend had a visa in 2010 and 2012 and was accepted his 2yr visa yesterday?

You are lying or your friend. There is only exemption if you have already done the 1 year.

You said you where there since 2010, that wasn't an IEC as they where only 1 year.

Anyway I'm on the waiting list, back home in Ireland 16 days and I miss Vancouver lots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hippo2472

So im a tab late to this party, but this thread has scared the jebus out of me. I also did USIT in 2010 but only that. I have seen a few different threads here on boards.ie from people who did it through USIT in 2010 and were then refused in 2013. However did all these people already get a second visa, and that is why they are being refused, because they are all seeking a third one?

Has anyone ever heard of someone being refused a visa even though they only participated in the programme once before? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

eh...how? since Jan 2013 if you have participated in the program twice then you are not entitled to another visa, it states it on the website??

you should have looked into PR/LMO as this would be a more long term solution for those wanting to stay more than 2 years on a temp visa.

Advertisement