Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partick Thistle player gives 'Glasgow Kiss' in cup final (video)

• 07-04-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

A good, old-fashioned rammy broke out at the Partick Thistle v Queen of the South Ramsdens Cup final today.

About 2' 30 in. It's from the BBC Alba gaelic channel in case anyone's wondering.

I think I'd have done the same to be honest. The wee fud was asking for it!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Absolutely deserved. Wasn't a penalty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pretty **** headbutt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pity the dude who went down didn't get a broken eye socket or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not much of a headbutt. Very unmanly to fall over like that. Shocking what is considered normal behaviour these days.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Not much of a headbutt. Very unmanly to fall over like that. Shocking what is considered normal behaviour these days.

How it isn't considered to be bringing the game into disrepute is beyond me.

• Advertisement

The good old Scottish and their headbutting eh! Here is Kenny Burns from 1977 for Forest v Arsenal at Highbury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The good old Scottish and their headbutting eh! Here is Kenny Burns from 1977 for Forest v Arsenal at Highbury

Players were so much tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

If you're going to get sent off for a head butt or something like that you should at least do it with dignity. Pretty sure some lad was winding up Insua when he was at Liverpool. He got two petty yellows, the second being pathetic iirc. At least do the honorable thing and go out in style!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Pro. F wrote: »
    How it isn't considered to be bringing the game into disrepute is beyond me.
    I suppose the defence is that if he'd stayed on his feet the guy probably wouldn't have been sent off. Like when players go down from shirt tugging and stuff, it's because refs are too crap to award fouls for it without a scene being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Doesn't look like much of a headbutt but after it the guys nose was all bruise and skin broken

• Advertisement

I suppose the defence is that if he'd stayed on his feet the guy probably wouldn't have been sent off. Like when players go down from shirt tugging and stuff, it's because refs are too crap to award fouls for it without a scene being made.

I agree with that type of thing to an extent. Especially if the player being fouled has drawn the foul with pace or skill so that the defender has to drag out of them to stop them. But feigning injury is all together worse imo. Even more so when the cry baby was the one starting. His team mates should be slapping him around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Worst I've seen in a while was Drogheda's David Cassidy's reaction to that Axel guy who plays with Limerick. Really embarrassing stuff from Cassidy. It's sbout 1 min 30 into the following clip. http://youtu.be/P2ZqdJaZcl4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Possibly brave compared to Chris Turner and Alan Keane last season.

And there's the 'fight' between Diogo and Luis Fabiano:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Classic one :D

coach-used-headbutt-coach-suffered-from-recoil_o_605353.gif

Norbert Meier was sacked by Duisburg and banned by the DFL for a few months after it. No chance of that ever happening to a player I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Jeepers, Scots is so like Manx!

MR Spaceman? Did you wake up with light in your eyes this morning?

Advertisement