Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New puppy is he sick?

• 08-04-2013 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I got a new 8 week Bichon exactly a week ago today his poo has been diarrhea nearly every day I changed him to a good dog food as breeder had him on pedigree puppy and I was told it was rubbish then after a few days he would no longer eat the good stuff so had to put him back on the pedigree which he eat every bit of?!!

I brought him to the vet last Tuesday for his second vac and he wormed him as well would this be the cause of his still constant diarrhea? I noticed he vomited earlier and barely touched his food today. Otherwise he's very happy and playful. Should I bring him to the vet again? Or is this normal behavior?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭SickBoy

If there is constant diarrhea then there is a danger of dehydration and to be honest you should consider bringing him to the vet. The worm treatment could cause these symptoms but I don't think it should last this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

SickBoy wrote: »
    If there is constant diarrhea then there is a danger of dehydration and to be honest you should consider bringing him to the vet. The worm treatment could cause these symptoms but I don't think it should last this long.

I'm really worried now the poo just squirts out like a jet! But this morning it wasn't as bad. He's drinking plenty tho? Ill defo bring him the vet first thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

change of food will cause it and also the worming... if the pup has vomiting and diarrhea at the same time, you need to being it to the vets, they get dehydrated so quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

VET FFS, to be safe.

I hate these kinda posts. I got this dog thing and I know nothing about them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

has he passed any blood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Don't just take him off the food straight away.
    Half and half then work onto the better food

Also I must say it was only the size of a thumbnail of vomit?

has he passed any blood?

Not that I've noticed

WOCM4 wrote: »
    VET FFS, to be safe.

I hate these kinda posts. I got this dog thing and I know nothing about them...

If I didn't care I wouldn't be posting know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Let us know how things go and I hope your puppy is doing better real soon.

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    Let us know how things go and I hope your puppy is doing better real soon.

Thanks just back from Vet he gave him an injection said it might be an infection brought him home and he's playing around the room now not a bother again thank god

Thanks everyone for your help last night

Advertisement