Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerprints for IEC visa?

Options
  • 08-04-2013 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering did anyone submit, or more to the point was anybody requested to submit fingerprints with this years IEC visa? for any particular reason?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Wow... They're fingerprinting now? That's insane

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MP_Calgary2012

ondadole wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering did anyone submit, or more to the point was anybody requested to submit fingerprints with this years IEC visa? for any particular reason?:)[/QU

We have been asked to submit fingerprints for a RCMP Criminal Record Check almost 8 weeks since submitting stage 2, the reason "as a result of your previous residency in Canada", we've not been here a year yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Does Canada not fingerprint at the border anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ondadole

Hi all,
    Just wondering did anyone submit, or more to the point was anybody requested to submit fingerprints with this years IEC visa? for any particular reason?:)[/QU

We have been asked to submit fingerprints for a RCMP Criminal Record Check almost 8 weeks since submitting stage 2, the reason "as a result of your previous residency in Canada", we've not been here a year yet.

no way! - Is this a common thing? How long more do you think you will be waiting?
    I have heard it happening alright, but it must be on a random basis...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Does Canada not fingerprint at the border anyway?

No that's America

• Advertisement

no way! - Is this a common thing? How long more do you think you will be waiting?
    I have heard it happening alright, but it must be on a random basis...:eek:

no clue! hopefully just about a week to get our results then upload them after that just back to the waiting game! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tedboop

Hellloo I got asked for fingerprints....did you get them done and submit them or what did you do??? I have emailed CIC but no response as of yet!

tedboop wrote: »
    Hellloo I got asked for fingerprints....did you get them done and submit them or what did you do??? I have emailed CIC but no response as of yet!

What we did was we went and got them done digitally on April 8, got confirmation from RCMP that they were processed on April 10, still waiting for the results - they are being sent to us by mail...which we then upload to MyCIC via the checklist...thats what I think, anybody want to comment? Hate to think this was wrong!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tedboop

Maybe i should go ahead and do the same just to be on the safe side....I do not understand why I was asked for them though, my bf and I both did the applications in the exact same way and he has not been asked for them. Was it expensive to get them done and send them off??

tedboop wrote: »
    Maybe i should go ahead and do the same just to be on the safe side....I do not understand why I was asked for them though, my bf and I both did the applications in the exact same way and he has not been asked for them. Was it expensive to get them done and send them off??

Well if CIC requested them, then you should definately get them done. Your in Canada yeah? I know people who applied and submitted within minutes and one's been asked for something the other hasnt. Luck of the draw i suppose. My boyfriend and I applied together too and he got the letter request asking for prints about 6 minutes before me! I guess we both are as unlucky as eachother. I'm in Alberta, so I had to go to an agency that does them, as the cops here no longer do non-criminal fingerprints, got an appointment in less than an hour and was done in 15 minutes. for the 2 of us it cost $105 and as they were digital they were trasnmitted to RCMP in Ottawa instantly. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement