Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to release a domain

Options
  • 08-04-2013 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right forum.
    I've spent two months trying to figure this out and I've googled it to the ends of the earth and emailed the company "Media Temple" many times but they are not getting back to me.

Basically, I bought a .com website from Media Temple and I set up a website on weebly.com as it's free. But I am unable to publish it using my .com domain name. It's like it's locked to Media Temple. I've mailed them about releasing it etc etc.

Does anyone know how I go about doing this? I don't want Media Temple to host my site as (a) they charge and (b) I've put a lot into the weebly site.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You should be able to log in to a control panel on MT and point the domain NS records to weebly servers fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

when you log into media Temple take a look at your control panel for DNS records and change the following see here

Any trouble drop me a PM and Ill help out

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mtDrew

Hope I'm in the right forum.
    I've spent two months trying to figure this out and I've googled it to the ends of the earth and emailed the company "Media Temple" many times but they are not getting back to me.

Basically, I bought a .com website from Media Temple and I set up a website on weebly.com as it's free. But I am unable to publish it using my .com domain name. It's like it's locked to Media Temple. I've mailed them about releasing it etc etc.

Does anyone know how I go about doing this? I don't want Media Temple to host my site as (a) they charge and (b) I've put a lot into the weebly site.

Many thanks

Hey there Larry Large Hitter. Omega gave you great information on what to set as your A record for weebly. To make these changes over on (mt) Media Temple, you can follow this article:

http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/60/How+can+I+change+the+DNS+records+for+my+domain%3F

Additionally, you can ask us questions like these 24/7 by tweeting us at @MediaTemplehelp.

Drew J
    @MediaTempleHelp

Advertisement