Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the Farmer spreading yesterday?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

approached 3 pricks last week and told them i dont allow anyone run their dogs on my land.. was getting some guff and put it to em that they hopped over a gate with a no enter sign.. more guff.. i opened a gap to let them out and showed them how agitated the cows were gettin as they passed by .. the ****ers let the dogs go after some birds right beside the cows just to spite me.. i bollicked them out of it.. more guff as i let them out the road gate .. i recited the car reg back to them and told em i didnt expect to see them again.. no guff
    I heard of a man that was hounded by huntsmen trespassing on his farm every Sunday. It was back in the Celtic tiger years and the huntsmen had brand new jeeps, he took a nail to one of the jeeps and wrote "call again soon" on it's side :D Them huntsmen never called back :) Another man told me that he shot a dog with his rifle at 300 yards and told the owners to take the dead dog and keep out. I spent one full day on a Monday repairing fences after dogs drove my cattle wild over the farm the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Tails142 wrote: »
    Here is the MSDS for 'agricultural lime' - irritant to skin and eyes etc.

http://www.peterschemical.com/pcc-agricultural-limestone/msds-sheet-pcc-200-dolomitic-agricultural-limestone/

Corrosive by its very nature in that it will alter pH

just an extract from your link

6. SPILL OR LEAK PROCEDURES
    Steps to be taken in case material is released: In case of release to the environment, report spills to the National Response Center 1-800-424-8802

Suggested Local Action: Contain spill. Prevent large quantities from contacting vegetation or domestic and natural water sources.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Tails142 wrote: »
    Here is the MSDS for 'agricultural lime' - irritant to skin and eyes etc.

And oxygen will get everybody in the end if nothing else does so what. And how long is the list of substances which are not irritant to skin and eyes in large enough doses over a long enough period of time. After distilled water you'd have...... no even distilled water will have an effect on skin and eyes if they are immersed in it for long enough.

It ain't hydrated lime though is it no matter what way you slice it. Your original post went for the most unlikely and hysterical possibility as to what our farmer may have spreading on his land with absolutely no evidence or logic to back it up hence it is still definitely in my top 5 all time stupid posts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

So many members no longer posting, some very good ones too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement