Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress install in Cpanel blacknight change software so you must include a URL exte

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

After a frustrating weekend and multiple installs support have confirmed that due to the recent upgrade on the control panel, the application vault installs on Windows platforms can only be installed with specified extensions.

So now you are stuck with Wordpress extension after your domain name so your web address is now www.blacknight.wordpress.com and meanwhile if anybody clicks on the domain you bought you get a blacknight parking page with paid advertising ( mightn't be the case if you registered with another provider)

This is not the package that I signed up for and I was certainly hoping for solutions to overcoming the problem from support not tough luck take it or leave it response

Given that Wordpress is one of most popular platforms should you not inform customers of this change?

There must be a way of getting around this or am I stuck with a useless hosting package and endless frustration

Comments

Advertisement