Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi.
    I recently moved back to eircom for home phone and broadband and I am on an offer where the first 6 months are half price.
    If I move my mobile phone over to emobile can I still avail of the 6 months half price offer? I know I will be extending my contract with with eircom so just wondering if the offer I an on will be affected.
    There are 2 people at the address that can avail of the special eircom/emobile tariff. One is out of contract and the other is still under contract with emobile until the end of May. I wonder if the remainder of this contract can be cancelled if we both signed up for new contracts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Frank11 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I recently moved back to eircom for home phone and broadband and I am on an offer where the first 6 months are half price.
    If I move my mobile phone over to emobile can I still avail of the 6 months half price offer? I know I will be extending my contract with with eircom so just wondering if the offer I an on will be affected.
    There are 2 people at the address that can avail of the special eircom/emobile tariff. One is out of contract and the other is still under contract with emobile until the end of May. I wonder if the remainder of this contract can be cancelled if we both signed up for new contracts?

Hi Frank11

I have contacted emobile care in relation to your query and they haveadvised that your current landline discount should not be affected but they have requested me to ask you to call them on 1800283091 (option 3) as they would be able to directly respond to any of your queries or concerns. Also, I've asked about the possibility of cancelling the current contact which ends in may to avail of a new contract and emobile care have advised that there may indeed be some scope for this usually one month before end of contract but have also advised me to request you to call them on 1800283091 (option 3). Sorry I couldn’t help any further and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ashleighc2013

I am so sick of E mobile that I have just had to last resort and complain on social media.
    I have been f**ked around to beat the band, been past to anyone and everyone.
    My phone broke in June and I was told it was unfix-able something to do with the motherboard in it, that it was just a no go.
    I contacted emobile, and offered to pay extra to bring my upgrade forward as I wasn't due an upgrade till November. I threatened to move to another network as my phone had broken and I wasn't paying €49 a month just to use a blokia.
    It has now being 6 weeks and I’m still without a phone. I was told by 'Robert' in loyalty that I can get my phone upgrade brought up to 25/7 which I was delighted about.

I contacted back up a week or so later to see if by any chance that they would be able to bring it forward again I knew I was slinging my hook but I taught I would give it a shot as the phone situation was driving me insane. I was speaking to a girl who I’m pretty sure told me her name is Sarah but I can’t confirm this 100 and having worked in a call center myself I know that sometimes people give the wrong name to irate customers.  ‘Sarah’ confirmed to me that my upgrade was indeed brought forward to the 25/7 but that she couldn’t bring it forward anymore, I understood and appreciated her help anyway. ‘Sarah’ then went on to say that when I contacted in on the 25/7 that my new phone would be couriered out to me that day.
    The 25/7 came around and I contacted in at 8am in the morning clearly delighted that I would indeed have a new phone as it had been so long without one. I got speaking to Tracey who told me that customer loyalty were closed until Monday. Now waiting 6 weeks for a phone I clearly lost it a little but I did apologise after, it wasn’t her fault that I had been misinformed. 
    She advised that I would have to wait till Monday. After I finished speaking with her I got two missed phone calls on my phone from Eircom. I rang back in and got speaking to Alan who told me that if I went down to my local emobile shop that I would be able to get my upgrade today as the shops have a direct line to a service number who can push it through. Alan told me to bring a  passport and a recent bill which I did.
    I went down to my local emobile shop and once again the same BS. I don’t understand how people cannot read the comments in someone’s account. When I was in the shop I contacted up AGAIN and got through to Alan who I out on the phone to the shop assistant. Basically saying that the upgrade can’t be pulled forward 3 months even though I was told it could be by Alan/Robert.
    I was then told to call in to loyalty on Monday. Now its Monday morning and I have contacted in only to be told that they can’t bring it forward? Like seriously? Now I’m currently awaiting a call from Sharon in loyalty as she is pulling the call in which I was told that the upgrade can be brought forward to 25/7.
    I have been a loyal customer, I always paid my bill on time and never had any hassle until this.
    I would appreciate some form of contact from a manager regarding this issue.
     :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I am so sick of E mobile that I have just had to last resort and complain on social media.
    My phone broke in June and I was told it was unfix-able something to do with the motherboard in it, that it was just a no go.
    I contacted emobile, and offered to pay extra to bring my upgrade forward as I wasn't due an upgrade till November. I threatened to move to another network as my phone had broken and I wasn't paying €49 a month just to use a blokia.
    It has now being 6 weeks and I’m still without a phone. I was told by 'Robert' in loyalty that I can get my phone upgrade brought up to 25/7 which I was delighted about.

I contacted back up a week or so later to see if by any chance that they would be able to bring it forward again I knew I was slinging my hook but I taught I would give it a shot as the phone situation was driving me insane. I was speaking to a girl who I’m pretty sure told me her name is Sarah but I can’t confirm this 100 and having worked in a call center myself I know that sometimes people give the wrong name to irate customers.  ‘Sarah’ confirmed to me that my upgrade was indeed brought forward to the 25/7 but that she couldn’t bring it forward anymore, I understood and appreciated her help anyway. ‘Sarah’ then went on to say that when I contacted in on the 25/7 that my new phone would be couriered out to me that day.
    The 25/7 came around and I contacted in at 8am in the morning clearly delighted that I would indeed have a new phone as it had been so long without one. I got speaking to Tracey who told me that customer loyalty were closed until Monday. Now waiting 6 weeks for a phone I clearly lost it a little but I did apologise after, it wasn’t her fault that I had been misinformed. 
    She advised that I would have to wait till Monday. After I finished speaking with her I got two missed phone calls on my phone from Eircom. I rang back in and got speaking to Alan who told me that if I went down to my local emobile shop that I would be able to get my upgrade today as the shops have a direct line to a service number who can push it through. Alan told me to bring a  passport and a recent bill which I did.
    I went down to my local emobile shop and once again the same BS. I don’t understand how people cannot read the comments in someone’s account. When I was in the shop I contacted up AGAIN and got through to Alan who I out on the phone to the shop assistant. Basically saying that the upgrade can’t be pulled forward 3 months even though I was told it could be by Alan/Robert.
    I was then told to call in to loyalty on Monday. Now its Monday morning and I have contacted in only to be told that they can’t bring it forward? Like seriously? Now I’m currently awaiting a call from Sharon in loyalty as she is pulling the call in which I was told that the upgrade can be brought forward to 25/7.
    I have been a loyal customer, I always paid my bill on time and never had any hassle until this.

Hi there

We're currently looking into this to get more information.  Once we get this, we'll be straight back to you.

-Al

Hi there

We're currently looking into this to get more information.  Once we get this, we'll be straight back to you.

-Al
    Thank you.

UPDATE; 

Since posting this complaint here I have actually ended my contract with emobile. 
    shockingly enough my 'pulled phonecall' never happened and I never heard anything. 
    I also wrote on twitter and was speaking to Kyle. There was clearly more issues, 
    Firstly being asked for the Make Model IMEI number of my phone, for which I couldnt see much point of. 
    Only to be told that the Swords Pavillions store had no records of me having a billpay phone bought there!!! Like SERIOUSLY
    The only record they had was that I bought a phone in 2012, failing to mention the Apple iPhone 5c that I got on billpay in 2013. Well done.
    Another load of absolute bollix, sick to my teeth of this company hiding behind one another so I lodged a complaint with comreg also.

When I called up to emobile to cancel my account the lady 'Sharon' was shockingly not in, surprise surprise. Instead a man named Glen helped me, 
    trying to win me back around by bogus offers that I knew were no good. That the HTC M8s that I wanted from another network was actually 'IN STOCK' on emobile even though it wasnt on the website or in any of the stores. He couldnt have done a worse job to make me want to stay with emobile.
    Glen told me it would be €200 to cancel my contract in which I replied that I wasnt paying for I would pay the €140 to cancel my contract that I has been quoted by so many other agents. He then proceeded to tell me I was indeed correct (shock shock) and that my number would be put on prepay so I could leave the network. 
    That evening I went online to send a webtext and SURPRISE SURPRISE it wasnt done. I was told 24 hours it would take off TJ an agent with emobile on the interactive chat, in which I have a copy of the conversation. I was clearly livid as Glen had told me 5-10 minutes. 

IS THERE NOT ONE PERSON THAT CAN DO THEIR JOB CORRECTLY IN THERE????

• Advertisement
Advertisement