Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rome Total war 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

I was always after one of those ornamental chess sets and put a lot of consideration into getting the Shogun 2 Special Edition. That came with a chess board that had miniature models the units as the pieces. Decided against it as I couldn't guarantee that the pieces would be good quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Just a heads up in case you lads don't frequent the gaming bargains thread.

Rome II TW is available to pre-prder (with the Greek DLC pre-order bonus) on Nuuvem for ~€25 for the next ten hours. Pretty much the cheapest it is anywhere I think.

Just got this, paid €26 after the currency conversion. Presume that this wont be all in portugese and that I can just chance the language in game :D

This is still available now by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

shoutman wrote: »
    Just got this, paid €26 after the currency conversion. Presume that this wont be all in portugese and that I can just chance the language in game :D

This is still available now by the way.

Should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

On the subject of buying things from exotic locations.... here's a map of all trade routes in the game, for those capitalists amongst you. It actually isn't all that interesting, but meh - I'm posting it anyway. :pac:

On the subject of buying things from exotic locations.... here's a map of all trade routes in the game, for those capitalists amongst you. It actually isn't all that interesting, but meh - I'm posting it anyway. :pac:

Nope sorry I'm a communist :P

Just a quickie on paying on Nuuvem, what did ye put in for "CPF cardholder"??

Never mind! Got it through Paypal!:)

Just a quickie on paying on Nuuvem, what did ye put in for "CPF cardholder"??

Never mind! Got it through Paypal!:)

We will all be leading an empire so on September 3rd unless the day one update takes forever haha.

coolguyrko wrote: »
    We will all be leading an empire so on September 3rd unless the day one update takes forever haha.

Would love to delve straight into an online game if there is interest for it.
    Can't really devote too much of my life to it but maybe an hour two nights a week. (Will be the longest game in history!)

I'd definitely be up for a game at some stage. I'd have to find my feet a bit in the campaign first though! :)

Steam id - adrian.maguire89

• Advertisement

Would love to delve straight into an online game if there is interest for it.
    Can't really devote too much of my life to it but maybe an hour two nights a week. (Will be the longest game in history!)

With college ill probably only have the same so I'd be up for a co op campagin or something. You already have me added :)

I'd definitely be up for a game at some stage. I'd have to find my feet a bit in the campaign first though! :)

Steam id - adrian.maguire89

Same I'd be up for it. College hours could be long but I should get on for a couple of hours each night depending on what happens in college. Steam name is Coolguyrkor. Just sent you an invite

Hey lads. I follow total war zone on twitter and he is gat for getting new info on rome 2 up quickly and also has a website which is also great for info. Here's another part of Jack Lusteds interview(questions asked on twcenter) on total war zone. http://totalwarzone.net/2013/08/20/qa-with-jack-lusted-part-3/ some very interesting stuff revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Hey folks, this accommodation craic may be the death of me, I see yee've been busy! If I'm not completely snowed under with more college related sh1te, I'd be happy to let y'all curb stomp my fledgling empire :D

Steam name; xXexedusXx

Same I'd be up for it. College hours could be long but I should get on for a couple of hours each night depending on what happens in college. Steam name is Coolguyrkor. Just sent you an invite

Cheers! That'd suit me down to the ground, don't usually get on til 8 or 9 anyway.

I'm up for it too. Username on Steam is the same as on here!

• Advertisement

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Hey folks, this accommodation craic may be the death of me, I see yee've been busy! If I'm not completely snowed under with more college related sh1te, I'd be happy to let y'all curb stomp my fledgling empire :D

Steam name; xXexedusXx

Haha. Going to UL so I get to stay at home thank Christ. Saving myself a fortune haha. Just added you. College will be a pain alright. We are back September 9th I think. Letting ye know I may not play online Thursday nights. Go horse riding as part of my course all day Thursdays so if I'm knackered ill be in no mood haha.

Lets all just get one massive match going haha. Each of us has a specific army.(all cav) (all infantry etc.) and make 2 massive armies haha

Lets all just get one massive match going haha. Each of us has a specific army.(all cav) (all infantry etc.) and make 2 massive armies haha

MP has been scaled back a bit for RII though hasn't it? Must have a look at what we can actually do.

MP has been scaled back a bit for RII though hasn't it? Must have a look at what we can actually do.

Think there are certain modes where you control smaller armies but I don't think 3 v 3 wold he scaled back more

Accommodation in Dublin is mind numbingly expensive!

I'm nearly sure it's 3v3 still. Though don't quote me on that!

• Advertisement

Hey lads. I follow total war zone on twitter and he is gat for getting new info on rome 2 up quickly and also has a website which is also great for info. Here's another part of Jack Lusteds interview(questions asked on twcenter) on total war zone. http://totalwarzone.net/2013/08/20/qa-with-jack-lusted-part-3/ some very interesting stuff revealed

Just after looking through that website and I am looking forward to this game even more now! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm up for this campaign too,steam name is : captain_panzer,I guess we'll all be enemies :(.

That'll just make for some cobbled alliances and dastardly betrayals... good craic like :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That'll just make for some cobbled alliances and dastardly betrayals... good craic like :P

*thinks to self for a moment*

Well when ya put it like that :D......................

I'd never betray you.........................

I'd never betray you.........................

You'd never betray me either sure you wouldn't :D?

You'd never betray me either sure you wouldn't :D?

TBF I probably couldn't afford to haha. I'd be your most loyal general haha

I know it's practically impossible for it to happen due to licenses etc but how good with a full pay fledged Lord of the Rings Total War be. I know of the mod which I couldn't get working anyway but watching Lord of the Rings over the past few nights and thinking how good the game would actually be. Sieges in particular would look fun haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I know it's practically impossible for it to happen due to licenses etc but how good with a full pay fledged Lord of the Rings Total War be. I know of the mod which I couldn't get working anyway but watching Lord of the Rings over the past few nights and thinking how good the game would actually be. Sieges in particular would look fun haha
    Fingers crossed they tackle the warhammer 40k universe first, which they are meant to have a licence to.
    After that I must admit I am a medieval fan , but LOTR would be cool too.

Fingers crossed they tackle the warhammer 40k universe first, which they are meant to have a licence to.
    After that I must admit I am a medieval fan , but LOTR would be cool too.

Was never a fan of war hammer but if it ends up like a total war game I'd probably try it. Heard they won't do a third of any game but that could be just a rumour. Honestly would love a medieval 3. Loved medieval 2 the most out of all the total war games.

• Advertisement

I feel like I've planted this whole betrayal idea in yeere heads :pac:

I'm a bit of a warhammer fan myself, and as much as I'd love to see what they could do with 40K, I'm much more interested to see what they could do in the Warhammer Fantasy world. There was a mod for Medieval Two that didn't quite run on my computer, but was awesome when it wasn't crashing. Really showed off the potential!

Oh and Third Age Total War is DEFINITELY worth the play if you're hankering for some grand scale Lord of the Rings goodness!

Out of Interest where have people ordered this game from ?
    Wheres the best spot to include extras etc such as factions.

I got it on steamtrades but that's only if you can find a reliable trader(i can link you to one)Rome 2 plus DLC for €26.
    Few pages back there's a website selling it for the same price I think

Any official/reputable retailer should have the Greek States DLC for free with a pre-order. Don't think there are any other extras being offered by anyone except for (sigh) TF2 items being offered by Steam.

I got mine from a trader on Steamtrades.com. 17-18 TF2 keys seems to be the average asking price over there, which is currently worth €26-28 real money. And it will be an actual Steam giftable copy which you can add to your library immediately (rather than waiting for a code).

If you don't mind waiting for a code to be emailed to you, Nuuvem are offering it for even cheaper, at €25ish.

I still haven't pre ordered lol :D.

I wasn't going to, and still might not.
    But I realised yesterday im off that week so it might be a good week to buy a game. :D

Its either that or hold tough till Christmas after exams.

I wasn't going to, and still might not.
    But I realised yesterday im off that week so it might be a good week to buy a game. :D

Its either that or hold tough till Christmas after exams.

Well put it this way if you Pre order you essentially get 50% extra free (even for €26) because there's 9 starting factions then you get the 3 Greek DLC factions and then Pontus free on day one. So that's 4 factions free.

I'm not back till September 9th so I'm looking to make the most of that week. Would love if they made it available September 2nd on steam then it would be a full week.

Added a few of ye there on Steam. If I missed anyone, shout out.

I'm ltsmashie on stream, but don't have any games on it yet though so don't know if I can be added. I pre-ordered the game off of that Brazilian website.

• Advertisement

Would I be right to be a small bit worried about the multi-player not being fully functional and buggy on release? Was there not a patch needed for Shogun to get some major bugs out of the multi-player?

Not that it worries me too much, I'll be perfectly happy conquering the Mediterranean in single player! :)

I'm ltsmashie on stream, but don't have any games on it yet though so don't know if I can be added. I pre-ordered the game off of that Brazilian website.

Anyone who can't find him. He's friends with me on steam so you can find his page that way if you can't find him.

Would I be right to be a small bit worried about the multi-player not being fully functional and buggy on release? Was there not a patch needed for Shogun to get some major bugs out of the multi-player?

Not that it worries me too much, I'll be perfectly happy conquering the Mediterranean in single player! :)

Ill definitely be having my own campaign going anyway. I may work on it myself for the first week so anytime after that I'd be up for trying a MP campaign.

Looking forward to this. May buy it now through nuuvem, hopefully I will have received and built my pc by the release date....having a bit of a delay, unfortunately.

Looking forward to this. May buy it now through nuuvem, hopefully I will have received and built my pc by the release date....having a bit of a delay, unfortunately.

Just after building a new pc myself with this game in mind! :) Hope you get it on time!

Nice. This game was very much in my mind for it, and had been wanting to build one for a few years, but never really could save much.
    Hopefully I get it on time, indeed. At the moment, it's just the mouse holding up my order...but the RAM and the case might now be a problem, have sent them another email to see what the fecking story is.

Now, should I now have an email from the wonderful folks at nuuvem with the code for the game, or will I get that later?

• Advertisement

Just after building a new pc myself with this game in mind! :) Hope you get it on time!
    Nice. This game was very much in my mind for it, and had been wanting to build one for a few years, but never really could save much.
    Hopefully I get it on time, indeed. At the moment, it's just the mouse holding up my order...but the RAM and the case might now be a problem, have sent them another email to see what the fecking story is.

Now, should I now have an email from the wonderful folks at nuuvem with the code for the game, or will I get that later?

I was the same. Got all the parts and built it myself. Had rome 2 and "console games" in mind(so I wouldn't have to get a next gen console)

You guys, especially the 'fans' of Will and Craig might appreciate this more than most;

(just imagine they're not wearing the suit things :P)

As far as my basic understanding of Portuguese goes, we will get in in our games profile on the site? I think?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Have any of you got EU4 from there?

Ah yes, that makes sense. Cheers.

New lets play with multiplayer shown off. Tons of new info as well https://www.youtube.com/embed/XEXBGOrh13I

BTW either she's trying to provoke me or I just have a really dirty mind but she can't seem to stop saying dirty things. Apparently he took her from behind at one stage and she also calls them tight alleys. I'm starting to thing I just have a dirty mind. 3 months of doing nothing will do that to you haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement