Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rome Total war 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Confirmed units for each faction so far
    http://totalwarzone.net/confirmedunits/

Even tho I know ye probably have no interest but I did so I asked Patricia what her tattoo was of "basically cthulhu overtaking a ship but has bits and bobs that mean a lot to me (like the mandalorian symbol as the flag). :)"
    And apparently she isn't really that bad at Rome either :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where were you talking to her?

Where were you talking to her?

I was talking to her on twitter this morning. They are at gamescon with Rome 2(obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Coolguy, I think you might have a crush :P

Also, anyone notice how they mentioned four v four in that lets play video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Keggers2 wrote: »

Yeah, for battles. MP campaign is the one being scaled back unfortunately. Still, I'd be well up for some battle action! Maybe a mini tournament even.

Just a tiny bit..... :) what can I say she's my type :)
    Yip 4 v 4 sounds good.

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Yip 4 v 4 sounds good.

If I was a younger man, she'd be my type too. :pac:

Did you ask about her when yer man took her from behind?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yip 4 v 4 sounds good.

She is extremely hot alright :D.

Well, regardless of who's murdering who in a few weeks time, at least we can all agree on that.

Also, a mini tournament definitely sounds good to me!

• Advertisement

If I was a younger man, she'd be my type too. :pac:

Did you ask about her when yer man took her from behind?

Haha. Love me little redhead haha.

Ahhh no I thought it best I not do that.

Well, regardless of who's murdering who in a few weeks time, at least we can all agree on that.

Also, a mini tournament definitely sounds good to me!

I'd be up for finishing last in that.

I'd be up for finishing last in that.

Challenge accepted there.

Haha. Love me little redhead haha.

Ahhh no I thought it best I not do that.

Aw :(

Aw :(

Yeah I don't think Canadians embrace Irish humour haha.

Major announcement. The Seleucids will be available as free dlc. Release date unknown.
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Seleucid_Faction

Just heard that it will be sometime in October and also just read this

BREAKING: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack DLC announced for October! Will include the Royal Scythians, the Massagetae and the Roxolani!

Major announcement. The Seleucids will be available as free dlc. Release date unknown.
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Seleucid_Faction

Just heard that it will be sometime in October and also just read this

BREAKING: Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack DLC announced for October! Will include the Royal Scythians, the Massagetae and the Roxolani!

tumblr_lygvsyDdRs1r5rl88o1_500.gif

tumblr_lygvsyDdRs1r5rl88o1_500.gif

You could drown a toddler in her knickers haha.

:D

Great news though. We knew the Seleucids would be made playable at some stage, but as freeLC (as the cool kids are calling it)? Awesome. Loved them in the original - big, fragmented empire with a few immediately vulnerable settlements, but survive that and you had an amazing unit roster; phalanxes, legionary style infantry, cataphracts and war elephants.

Nomadic tribes culture pack sounds interesting too. Wonder will they play like the hordes in Barbarian Invasion?

• Advertisement

:D

Great news though. We knew the Seleucids would be made playable at some stage, but as freeLC (as the cool kids are calling it)? Awesome. Loved them in the original - big, fragmented empire with a few immediately vulnerable settlements, but survive that and you had an amazing unit roster; phalanxes, legionary style infantry, cataphracts and war elephants.

Nomadic tribes culture pack sounds interesting too. Wonder will they play like the hordes in Barbarian Invasion?

Worth noting that the Seleucids will be free DLC and that the nomadic tribes will pay DLC. Not entirely sure if they will be worth it.

Worth noting that the Seleucids will be free DLC and that the nomadic tribes will pay DLC. Not entirely sure if they will be worth it.

Yeah, noted it. For me it will depend on the different gameplay element they bring. If being nomadic opens up new obstacles and gameplay challenges, could be worth a fiver or whatever. If not, screw you nomads!

Yeah, noted it. For me it will depend on the different gameplay element they bring. If being nomadic opens up new obstacles and gameplay challenges, could be worth a fiver or whatever. If not, screw you nomads!

Yeah I just put that there in case anyone else thought both were free. True. I'll be happy with Rome,Sparta,Carthage and Athens and then Arverni and Suebi.

http://totalwarzone.net/2013/08/24/3-new-gameplay-videos-from-gamescom/

3 new videos from gamescom

Actually since this website is CA supportive and the videos are leaked they will be taken down until CA approves.
    I'm sure they can be found on you tube tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I keep meaning to pre-order this on Steam, but it is a little pricey at €55. Not sure if the 'Greek States Culture Pack' is really worth it.

I might just buy a retail copy if they are cheaper, it looks like you will have to register the game on Steam anyways.

I keep meaning to pre-order this on Steam, but it is a little pricey at €55. Not sure if the 'Greek States Culture Pack' is really worth it.

I might just buy a retail copy if they are cheaper, it looks like you will have to register the game on Steam anyways.

A few pages back there's a website where you can buy it for like €26 or if you can find a reliable trader on steam trades(I can send you to the one who I bought mine off) for €25 plus a €1.60 PayPal fee you can get it there :)

• Advertisement

€39.97 in Gamestop, if you are looking for it in a shop.

Oh boys oh boys oh boys, Heir of Carthage did a Lets Play from the prolog campaign. It's a full battle and it looks feckin tasty;

Hey those videos I posted about are on the twc forum. Here's the link. It's post 4127. They're in German so I just muted and watched them :)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?547901-Total-War-Rome-II-Pictures-amp-Videos-Thread/page207
    1st video: regular battle plus a tiny amount of fort defence and ambush battles
    2nd video: siege battle
    3rd video: some campaign and prologue stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Oh boys oh boys oh boys, Heir of Carthage did a Lets Play from the prolog campaign. It's a full battle and it looks feckin tasty;

Wonder why they let him play with the cavalry and siege not of any use?

grizzly wrote: »
    Wonder why they let him play with the cavalry and siege not of any use?

We will as well. His cavalry disembarked but didn't have their horses. Same goes for his siege engines. The crews disembarked but the onagers didnt. That's the way it works in a full naval assault. Had he seiged from land with cavalry and siege engines on the campaign map and then attacked by sea with his infantry then he could have had his onagers and the cavalry with their horses.

• Advertisement

Only a week to go,can't believe it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Cannot wait! What time will it be available to download at do ye know? I plan on downloading it before I head off to work so I can just sit back and veg out in front of it when I get home! :D

Cannot wait! What time will it be available to download at do ye know? I plan on downloading it before I head off to work so I can just sit back and veg out in front of it when I get home! :D

It's pre loadable. I can't wait. Wanted to jump straight in but I'll probably do the prologue just to get used to the UI and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Preloadable on the 3rd when is it playable?

shoutman wrote: »
    Preloadable on the 3rd when is it playable?

Nope. It's playable on the 3rd. Hasn't been announced as to when it will be preloadable. I'm guessing the 1st or 2nd

Might have a snoop around the forums to see if it's known what time the game goes "live". Could it be midnight (US west coast) and therefore 8 am for us in Yoorip?? To the Google machine!

Might have a snoop around the forums to see if it's known what time the game goes "live". Could it be midnight (US west coast) and therefore 8 am for us in Yoorip?? To the Google machine!

Think it could be midnight everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Just came across this on the official TW website.

Play on the day of release!
    You'll receive your download links and activation code by email on 03/09/2013 at 00:00 CEST.

So that means we should be able to download it on the 2nd at 10:00pm??

Although just looked at steam and that says it's available in 1 week and 4hrs. So confused!! :(

Just came across this on the official TW website.

Play on the day of release!
    You'll receive your download links and activation code by email on 03/09/2013 at 00:00 CEST.

So that means we should be able to download it on the 2nd at 10:00pm??

Although just looked at steam and that says it's available in 1 week and 4hrs. So confused!! :(

I still maintain every time zone ill get it at midnight. We will get it at 00:01 on the 3rd. American will get it at 00:01 one the 3rd etc etc. could be completely wrong tho.

Nothing really new in this video for the game itself. Does show off some animations and some nice marching and stuff but its about what the roman soliders gear and what he carried on the march https://www.youtube.com/embed/f_fpOUQcAac

• Advertisement

That guy has a ridiculous manly voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I find it amusing that amazon have yet again dropped the price for my pre-order of RTW2. Originally it was at £30, then 27-something, now its dropped again to £25.62 (would be £25 in Uk but VAT recalculated for RoI)

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I find it amusing that amazon have yet again dropped the price for my pre-order of RTW2. Originally it was at £30, then 27-something, now its dropped again to £25.62 (would be £25 in Uk but VAT recalculated for RoI)

Damn,I just ordered off g2play for 36.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Anyone know how much those Team Fortress 2 things usually sell for on steam? Can't see myself using them

thegame983 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much those Team Fortress 2 things usually sell for on steam? Can't see myself using them

Likewise. How'd you sell them tho?

Go into your item inventory. Anything that can be put on the market will have a green "Sell" button in the info panel. Click it, select a price and hey presto, it's up for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

I'm reletivly new to steam (just bought a decent PC a month ago) but I presume it's the same as selling trading cards. They will be in your inventory on your profile. Just click on the item and list to sell. steam will tell you how much that same item is currently selling for. Trading cards tend to be around 10-15 cents, but TF2 items & DOTA items are where the real money is apparantly. Also it will have to do with how rare the items are. If the market is flooded with the same item the price will go down. Just wondering if anyone has sold similar promotional TF2 items that they got with other pre orders

thegame983 wrote: »
    I'm reletivly new to steam (just bought a decent PC a month ago) but I presume it's the same as selling trading cards. They will be in your inventory on your profile. Just click on the item and list to sell. steam will tell you how much that same item is currently selling for. Trading cards tend to be around 10-15 cents, but TF2 items & DOTA items are where the real money is apparantly. Also it will have to do with how rare the items are. If the market is flooded with the same item the price will go down. Just wondering if anyone has sold similar promotional TF2 items that they got with other pre orders

Cheers lads. Market will be flooded tho. Rome 2 pre order sales highest of any total war game. Just depends on how many will actually use the TF2 stuff

Cheers lads. Market will be flooded tho. Rome 2 pre order sales highest of any total war game. Just depends on how many will actually use the TF2 stuff

Depends on whether or not the pre-orders were on Steam too. Lots in the UK I suppose, but Steam/Valve/CA were ripping the rest of us off and many looked elsewhere for a bargain.

• Advertisement

Depends on whether or not the pre-orders were on Steam too. Lots in the UK I suppose, but Steam/Valve/CA were ripping the rest of us off and many looked elsewhere for a bargain.

I'm betting Russian pre orders were off the charts

Advertisement