Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mascara help please

• 08-04-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

So I'm now a stay at home parent and being aware of "situational make up / a daytime home" look I'd like help with mascara please.

When I apply mascara to my lashes some always gets on my eyelids.

I don't wear heavy daytime eyeshadow or eyeliner, which used to cover this.

Am I doing something very wrong here?

What am I missing? I do like a full lash look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

I hate when that happens :-(

What I do when I'm applying mascara is I get a mirror and put it down somewhere low, so that when you're applying it your eye's are nearly closed. Then wait till it's dry before opening your eyes fully. I find it works great! I hope that helps! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Kloecor wrote: »
    I hate when that happens :-(

What I do when I'm applying mascara is I get a mirror and put it down somewhere low, so that when you're applying it your eye's are nearly closed. Then wait till it's dry before opening your eyes fully. I find it works great! I hope that helps! :-)

This is what I do :) and also maybe try using a mascara that doesn't have a thick brush? See how you get on with a thinner one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I always end up getting some on my lids. Just wait for it to dry and then rub it off with a cotton bud or brush it with a stiff, clean eyeshadow brush, it'll flake right off.

Don't try wiping it off while it's still wet, it'll just smear everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I love mascara too and first thing in the morning you'll see mascara smeared all over my eyelids and under my eyes too...I use cotton buds and have done for years

Advertisement