Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert irish oral problem

• 08-04-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

im currently doing ordinary level irish and it has recently dawned on me that im basically in no hope of doing well in my oral its next week and i dont even have basic irish please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

First of all don't panic. While accuracy is important, the examiner is also very interested to see if you can keep the conversation going, so when you're asked a question don't give a one word answer, try and keep talking even if you think you're making a lot of mistakes. I would take some time over the week or so you have left to prepare some answers on the basic topics e.g. your family, school, hobbies, what you want to do after school etc., as if you appear to be struggling in the oral the examiner should ask you some of these questions to try and make you feel more at ease. Spend time looking over your Sriath Pictiuiri, try and have a rough idea of what you'e going to say for all of the pictures, and have your 3 questions prepared on each picure if you can. Best of luck :)

Advertisement