Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint Washer-Dryer Repair

Options
  • 08-04-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for someone to diagnose/repair a Hotpoint Ultima washer-dryer with an electronic display panel. It was moved and now won't turn on. :(

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Have you checked the simple things like the plug top?
    Is there any sign of life when you plug it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Yes, the fuse in the plug was changed, and no, there's not a peep out of it when it's turned on.

Then it seems like a mains cable issue. Are you certain the fuse you put in is ok? Are the connections in the plug top tight?
    Have you tried anything else in the socket the machine is plugged into?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

I've PM'ed you some details of a great appliance repair guy I use. Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

red sean wrote: »
    Then it seems like a mains cable issue. Are you certain the fuse you put in is ok? Are the connections in the plug top tight?
    Have you tried anything else in the socket the machine is plugged into?

The next time I'm out I'll buy another fuse to make sure and I'll try something else in the socket. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

Let us know how you get on. It's a power problem for sure, just something simple if it was working ok at the last location.

Advertisement