Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History of a Name.

Options
  • 08-04-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,
    My name is Karl and I've to do a college assignment on the "History of a Place Name."

I've decided to do this project on "The LIberties, D8."

Now what I have to do is find out how this name came about, stories associated with the History of this name and so on.

The problem is I have to interview someone and write the assignment based on their knowledge, history and stories of the place.

So, anyone who knows this place, has their own history with this place, and has a story on how it got it's name? (Doesn't have to be factual, just "true" to you)

Thamk you,
    K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If you're in Dublin take a trip down to Meath St, go into Jack Roche's Fruit & Veg shop & speak to him. He was involved in the making of the DVD 'The Liberties'. He's an extremely nice man & would steer you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

Thank you, I shall try him. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

This might be of help to you. The same user has parts 2-5 on Youtube too, I think he/she just uploaded them in 10 minute segments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX7XRbhs-uA

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

I'll check out those videos, thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As someone born and bred in the Liberties, it would be great if you could post the finished project (or even email it to me), always love reading up on the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement