Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of an emergency.. lost my letter

• 08-04-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im in a serious spot of bother here.

I got a letter from social welfare about my jobseekers on the wednesday/thursday of easter week. I filled it in on the friday left it in the kitchen and said Id drop it into the welfare office on tuesday after the bank holiday.

Tuesday morning the letter has gone missing. It must have been "tidied away" by the mother when she was getting the place ready for Easter Sunday. So god knows where it is now.

Anyway. This morning I went up to social welfare to tell them I lost it and could they give me a new one. This didnt go down well at all. And in the end I was told that it can only be re-issued if I request it in writing from the person who sent it.

Problem is, I dont know who sent it. And the social welfare dont seem to know who sent it either.

But I do very distinctly remember that it said the letter had to be filled in and returned within 14 days or my welfare would be stopped. Im probably on day 11 or 12 at this stage :(

What am I supposed to do now? They didnt really seem to want to help me at all in the welfare office.

Maybe somebody else got the same letter and can help me out. It was on yellow paper and from memory some of the questions where:

What qualifications do you have?
    Do you have a CV?
    When did you last work?
    Why do you feel you are unemployed?
    Name some places you sent CV's into?
    Are you with FAS?
    Do you have a driving licence?
    Are you actually looking for work?
    Will you accept work in an area you dont normally work in (or something to that extent)?
    What have you done to get yourself work?

etc etc

I'd really appreciate any help at all on this. I really dont know what to do and its got me sick with worry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

This form is a UP19 and they should have standard ones that can be handed out over the counter. The one you received was issued by the system rather than by an individual. If it is not returned the system was re issue a new one to you, but I would suggest that you go in and fill out one at the counter and ask them to mark it returned on the system to avoid the payment suspending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you for the speedy reply Sue Ellen. Thats a great load of my mind now :)

I'll call back tomorrow and tell them what form it is and that the system sent it and hopefully whoever is on will be able to get me sorted with new one.

Thanks again.

Advertisement