Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio VGN-NS10L Driver

Options
  • 08-04-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I'm damned if I can find drivers for the Web cam for a Sony Vaio VGN-NS10L for Win 7 64bit. Anyone know of a source? It was working fine but it just disappeared from the device manager altogether, no error showing or anything, it's as if it doesn't exist.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If it's not showing as a camera or as an unknown device then it could have stopped working. Is there a switch or function key on the Vaio which enables/disables the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

FSL wrote: »
    If it's not showing as a camera or as an unknown device then it could have stopped working. Is there a switch or function key on the Vaio which enables/disables the camera?

Never thought of that, I'll check the function keys when I get home.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Nothing on the function keys.

Maybe it's a hardware failure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Check the Device Manager, should be under imaging devices.

Torqay wrote: »
    Check the Device Manager, should be under imaging devices.

That's the problem Torqay, it's not showing there at all, it's as if there was no cam.

I see some other users on the Web with the same issue but no response to their posts. It points to a failure if you follow logic I think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

It's not disabled in the BIOS, no?

Grab some up-to-date Linux Live distro and check if the webcam works?

Advertisement