Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband been extremely slow!

Options
  • 08-04-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I have the upto 12mb broadband but lately has been very slow so i done a speed test the last few days & its coming up with 0.28mbs download speed. I know my broadband is upto 12 but surely i should be getting more than that. Getting to the point i cant do anything online! Any help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I have the upto 12mb broadband but lately has been very slow so i done a speed test the last few days & its coming up with 0.28mps download speed. I know my broadband is upto 12 but surely i should be getting more than that. Getting to the point i cant do anything online! Any help would be great thanks.

Hi LoopyLolly88

I can see from your details from a previouscase you had with us that your subscription offers up to 8mb download speeds(broadband regular NGB) however the speeds you are getting are indeed quite poor.

I've run some tests and I can confirm thatthere is no issue with the line itself and I believe that the slow speeds may be occurring because the firmware on your modem is old requires an update. Please DM me your email address and I shall email you the firmware upgrade file along with instructions on how you can upload this file.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Oh is it 8mb sorry didnt realise, have sent my email address to you thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Have just downloaded it & download speed is now 7.07mbs,thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Have just downloaded it & download speed is now 7.07mbs,thanks

Hi LoopyLolly88

That's great news. Thanks for the feedback

Best wishes

Al

Advertisement