Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 200 advice for license key (wireless) and portal access.

Options
  • 08-04-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I’ve recently acquired an ex-demo (boxed like new) Europlex Signet 200 IP Rev A4 with CD and resistors it also has the WRM Rev A2 868 R1.3 v12 wireless module installed (internal antenna’s), for only €24 euros and a second hand Europlex 3721 keypad for €21 euros (both off Ebay)

Originally I purchased the controller just for the wireless module to use with an Siemens SPC panel (for use with Visonic wireless) I have yet to purchase the SPC panel and the keypad was going to be my maintenance/backup keypad hidden way with the SPC panel.

Having put the panel and the keypad together I now find that the panel can be reset and has no engineer lock and is a usable piece of kit that I’m now planning to use out in my garage/workshop as a separate alarm independent from the house alarm which will be a Siemens SPC.

Although the Europlex Signet 200 IP has the wireless module I will probably hardwire PIR’s and door contact as there is no issue running cable within the garage but have the following questions:

· 1. If I did want to use the Signet 200 for wireless to Visonic 868 powercode devices will Siemens be able to supply a license key to do this, if so what’s the best way to go about this.

· 2.Do I use the Signet Portal or can I use the SPC portal for the Signet panel when setting up remote access.

· 3.Is it possible to use the SPCanywhere app (iphone) to access the Signet 200 or will this app only work with SPC panels.

I still intend to purchase an SPC panel for the house as having played with the Signet I now fully appreciate how powerful/flexible the Signet and SPC panels are.

Kind regards

Carbon Fibre

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi,

· 1. If I did want to use the Signet 200 for wireless to Visonic 868 powercode devices will Siemens be able to supply a license key to do this, if so what’s the best way to go about this.

You can & you can actually use both Siemens & Visonic by adding another receiver,
    1890886500 Is Siemens Tec Support. They can provide you with a licence key.
    Also note you can upgrade the Europlex Software to the Latest SPC version.

· 2.Do I use the Signet Portal or can I use the SPC portal for the Signet panel when setting up remote access.
    Either works know AFAIK

· 3.Is it possible to use the SPCanywhere app (iphone) to access the Signet 200 or will this app only work with SPC panels.
    You will need to upgrade the panel firmware to use the app.

I still intend to purchase an SPC panel for the house as having played with the Signet I now fully appreciate how powerful/flexible the Signet and SPC panels are.
    Your signet 200 will easily handle both. Simply buy an ex pander and a key pad & set up areas.Much more flexible & you would have one remote connection to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Hi koolkid,

As Always may thanks for your prompt response.

1, Where can I obtain the latest firmware upgrade from, is this via Siemens tech support or can I just down load from their site?

2, Do I need to check which version of firmware I'm currently running on the Signet 200 before jumping to the latest version?

3. If I can use the Signet with a firmware upgrade to bring it up to spec of an SPC that would be great and a good cost saving. I would then use it in the house and see if I could expand the wireless to reach the garage as there is no ducting to the garage and it's 50 meters away, don't fancy digging that trench!

I Guess I could use an SPCW130 with the SPCW101 up in the loft of my house to get better range to the garage and use Siemens wireless sensor in the garage and then use a Signet 3726 with external antenna on the Signet 200 for my Visonic house PIR's and Inertia's.

Many thanks

Carbon Fibre

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The upgrades have to be done in sequence. Ill put the files together & PM you.
    You check what firmware you currently have & upgrade from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Koolkid,

Many thanks for the firmware and the support you're provided over the last few days, very much appreciated.

Thanks

Carbon Fibre

Glad you got it all sorted.
    Now you have all the benefits , including great apps for Android & iPhone.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

Hi Koolkid,

I got my hands on an SPC6300 panel and am looking to try the SPCanywhere app. I can connect to it via the web browser and configure its Ethernet port but can't get the app working. It is a version 2.1.0. Do you know does this need a firmware upgrade for the app to work? If so any chance you could forward the latest firmware files please? Thanks!

It should work. But you should upgrade the panel anyway.
    Have you SSL on or off in the panel?
    What port are you using.?
    Check the user settings for Web access..
    Try creating a separate user for the app.
    Are you connecting direct to your IP or via the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

KoolKid wrote: »
    It should work. But you should upgrade the panel anyway.
    Have you SSL on or off in the panel?
    What port are you using.?
    Check the user settings for Web access..
    Try creating a separate user for the app.
    Are you connecting direct to your IP or via the portal.

Got it working thanks! I created a new manager user and I also hadn't enabled encryption with the first user I had set up on the app. Worked perfectly then. Thanks for your help!

Have there been many changes on newer firmware versions do you know?

There are about 4 updates bringing it up to 3.2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

Just seen this thread and it's got me thinking. I have the Signet 200 installed and I'm wondering if I should change to the spc firmware. What would the advantages be? Is the spc portal the same as the signet portal or is it better?

My heating is controlled through the panel so if I could use an app on the phone to turn the heating on and off that would be handy.

• Advertisement

I presume you mean a SigNET 220 with IP.
    Yes lots of benefits. Heating can be set up to be accessible via the app.

Ya Koolkid, it is the 220. So there is no reason why I shouldn't go ahead and update the firmware. Thanks for the info.

I am on version 1.4b. Can you give me a link to the firmware please.

PMed you all you need.

PMed you all you need.

Thanks Koolkid, I'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davemeath

PMed you all you need.

Hi, I also would be interested in updating mine, where can I get the files?

Thanks a lot

PMing you what you need now.
    Any problems give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davemeath

Thanks for all!!! job done

Glad you got sorted in the end.
    Congratulations , you are the proud owner of a nice new Siemens SPC panel.
    You can also now use the SPC Anywhere app as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 useurname

Hi I am in same situation, I have a Signet220 IP panel with software v1.3.8, firmware1.4b, I use it to control the heating and lights in my house with X10 functionality, it also has a wireless expander for a keyfob to set and unset from my keys.

I have to login via the signet portal to use program, I'd like an android app so upgrading to siemens might suit me and bring me in line.....can I get the softare too koolkid :) ?

Sent you a PM with what's needed.
    Any problems give me a shout.

Colm

• Advertisement

Thx all sorted

Waiting for the panel to register to use SPCanywhere :)

.....and the good news it kept all my configuration in tact...no programming required...Thx

When you set up the portal setting & press save then refresh & it should register immediately.
    When you refresh it should display the last registration time & date.
    Is your port forwarding & gateway and DNS setting correct?

All done all working,

Disappointed the spcanywhere only full sets and unsets..no partset

or

no ability to turn on or off x10 devices :(

but I can login old way still to signet portal and do it that way

There is options for part sets .
    Select the area then the 4 options will show.
    For X10 set up triggers and use mapping gates. You then switch the output assigned to the mapping gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xrc31

I have an SPC 5300 with fw 2.1.3.

I want to add an IP camera, is there an approved list or is it trial & error ?
    Do I need to update the firmware ?

Thanks

You don't need to upgrade the firmware, but you should.
    The latest version is 3-4-5.
    Siemens will now only support Siemens IP cameras.
    Other do work.
    EyeSpy CCTV have tested numerous units.Ask for Ken there if your looking for something.

Will do thanks.

Do you know where can I get access to the firmware files ?

Ill PM them to you.
    Best to update them in order.

Great, thanks for that.

I have a cheap Axis IP camera, but the panel never picks it up. I cant find an interface (either HTTP or SPCpro) to check or add a camera. I've been hoping a firmware update will help.

• Advertisement

In the browser goto Settings>Verification>Video

Advertisement