Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband

Options
  • 08-04-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I switched from vodafone to eircom 8Mb NGB at the beginning of the year. I've notice that the download speed has dropped from a poor average 2.25 / 2.5mbs with vodafone to an even poorer average of 1.25/ 1.5mbs with eircom. I've also noticed that at some times of the day, streaming videos is near impossible. I was sold on the basis that the line would be non contention but it doesn't seem to be. Could you please look into it for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ncocky1979 wrote: »
    I switched from vodafone to eircom 8Mb NGB at the beginning of the year. I've notice that the download speed has dropped from a poor average 2.25 / 2.5mbs with vodafone to an even poorer average of 1.25/ 1.5mbs with eircom. I've also noticed that at some times of the day, streaming videos is near impossible. I was sold on the basis that the line would be non contention but it doesn't seem to be. Could you please look into it for me.

Hi Ncocky1979

Please send me a private message including your account details and I will look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ncocky1979

Thanks Alan, PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ncocky1979 wrote: »
    Thanks Alan, PM Sent
    Hi Ncocky1979

No worries, I've just replied.

Regards

Al

Advertisement