Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saute/Fry leftover boiled baby potatoes

Options
  • 08-04-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi

Silly question - but what's the best way to sauté or fry up leftover baby potatoes? Last time I did it I ended up burning them.....

any suggestions? Or would roasting them in the oven (how long) be the best bet?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

I normally chop them up into slices fry in preheated olive oil and add salt,pepper,paprika, thyme and garlic powder. Fry on high heat for 5 - 7 minutes and hey presto crispy potatoes.
    The kids eat it so must be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I usually just slice them in half and fry them in plenty of real butter on a medium heat, flipping them every minute or so to prevent them from burning. Frying with oil causes them to burn more easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Think i'll be cooking extra spuds tonight so I have have some fried spuds tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

I make home fries.

Basically cube what's leftover, toss them in olive oil & grind rock salt over them, then into a hot oven for about 20 minutes.

Or...

Get a can of corned beef, cube everything & fry it up to a corned beef hash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I cut them into cubes and fry them in butter with leftover meat and a few veggies. Keep an eye on them and they won't burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

make patatas bravas- cube spuds, cook with onion and garlic and chopped up chorizo, add red chilli (seeds in or out) and pinch of cayenne and tin of tomatos, s&p, DROOOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Loads of paprika! I have been known to boil and fry potatoes from scratch when there were no leftover spuds to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Smash two/three gloves of garlic into hot frying pan with rapeseed oil. Toss in potatoes (have them cut into fairly even sizes). The add some fresh rosemary leaves, salt and pepper. Keep tossing in the frying pan until they are crispy and golden coloured. Absolutely delicious. In fact boiling potatoes now to have them ready to do the above later tonight.

Advertisement