Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Dublin

Options
  • 08-04-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi all, changing from shift work to 9-5 from next week and im exploring other options in getting to work....I work smack bang in the middle of the city and live pretty close to the sliver tankard pub situated on the kells road.
    One option is to bus it from the sliver tankard each day, few questions on that!
    1.how long does it normally take to get into the city by bus?
    2.how much does it cost per week.
    3.Do you normally get a seat.
    4.How long does it take to get out of the city and home in the evening.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Hi all, changing from shift work to 9-5 from next week and im exploring other options in getting to work....I work smack bang in the middle of the city and live pretty close to the sliver tankard pub situated on the kells road.
    One option is to bus it from the sliver tankard each day, few questions on that!
    1.how long does it normally take to get into the city by bus?
    2.how much does it cost per week.
    3.Do you normally get a seat.
    4.How long does it take to get out of the city and home in the evening.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Not going to be able to help you on prices sorry as I do not use it. There is a big discussion over on Commuting and Transport about it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056416364

However, an online day return is 18.05 from Kilmainham, not far away from you. You could probably do better with a 10 journey weekly ticket, and better again if your employer will allow you to get a tax saver.

From the Silver Tankard, I don't think you are going to be able to get on any of the Express buses that use the M3. Therefore, you should consider getting into Kells or Navan if you can. Although there is a lot discussion on the above thread. Getting seats, and getting left behind seems to be a problem discussed a lot in the above thread a lot also, although I suspect moreso from Navan.

If you can drive, you could consider going closer to Dublin, such as the M3 Parkway, which will might suit you better depending on where you work. However I suspect the bus is actually faster to O'Connell bridge.

Best bet I would think would be to not commit yourself to any sort of annual tax saver until you have sampled your different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Thanks for the info and the link.

Jesus reading over the thread would completely trun you off using the bus!

Advertisement