Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATC Student Programme 2013 *Warning post 195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashbones

they were on for the week. One of the members in my group forgot his results and the lady told him she will be there for the week if he wants to drop it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

hashbones wrote: »
    they were on for the week. One of the members in my group forgot his results and the lady told him she will be there for the week if he wants to drop it in.

Our group was told assessments went on for 3 days. A guy in my group was advised to send in his qualifications later that week as well but to drop into her in the IAA offices, not the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 noahcian

anybody hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

I was in on Wednesday. Found it tough but the group worked well. Good experience in any event. Someone told me it was down to about 70 applicants, not official though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

ExtaticFob wrote: »
    Someone told me it was down to about 70 applicants.

Less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 aftershock84

Anyone get any news yet??

nothing yet...getting anxious at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 groundcontrol

Heard nothing yet either. Safety in numbers!

Are they letting us sweat? Still nothing??

Ah lads this is really dragging out. Sort of getting concerned now. If there were 70 in the last stage does anyone e know how many will be going through to final interview?

• Advertisement

i would imagine 40 to final interview. heard it might be this week but no guarantee. would love to hear one way or the other

So for all those still left in the hunt how do you all reckonwe are going to survive for 2 years with no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

I'm very interested to see how the money aspect pans out with this intake. How they will find 24 top candidates who all just so happen to have 2 years spending money in their back pocket is beyond me and I will be very surprised if it works out.

I must say though, while not offering an allowance is good for the bottom line, it's immoral given alot of the training is on the JOB and I genuinely believe students could find themselves bailing out of the programme because of funds drying up as opposed to a lack of ability. Which would be a real pain in the face for all concerned.

The iaa made a €22.9M profit last year. 24 students earning an allowance of €19k for 2 years comes to a total of just over €0.9M. Minus the drop outs and that figure drops further. So you're looking at maybe ~€0.4m per year for allowances. With a €22.9M profit, that's a fart in a hurricane.

email just came in for call to final interview. good luck to everyone!!

Yes same here, was getting worried.
    On the iaa website it explains that the post dart group interview is only a small part of overall assessment. Can we presume that all Group attendants got called to final interview?
    Best of luck guys.

Yeah just got the email too!! Delighted! Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Got and email but unfortunately no invite to interview. All the best to those who are still in with a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leveleye

Made it through also. Delighted. Love to know the remaining numbers however. Anyone any estimates

leveleye wrote: »
    Made it through also. Delighted. Love to know the remaining numbers however. Anyone any estimates
    to get the number of people they need i would say 50 at least. just a guess though.

noahcian wrote: »
    to get the number of people they need i would say 50 at least. just a guess though.

How many do they need?

• Advertisement

How many do they need?
    24 isn't it?

I think is 24 and surely they must be down to 50 by now so 50% chance for those left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

I think is 24 and surely they must be down to 50 by now so 50% chance for those left.

Not really they're not going to take the best 24 from the 50 just to fill a class, if no one meets the standard then no one will be put forward. The class will be MAX 24 it will most likely be less significantly less.

It's a harsh reality but IF you are selected and you accept the place expect to be facing a harsh reality everyday of the course, minimum pass mark for EVERYTHING is 70%. You don't get too many chances at failing. Having a bad week is not an option. In reality you can't have a bad minute as a controller. Decisions are made in seconds and they have to be the right decision. You'll be watched very closely everyday for that during training. Oh and by training read two year interview/selection process. Up until the day your UCE says you're competent to hold an ATCO licence you can still be let go.

and we have the pleasure of going through this for 2 years on zero salary.

I for one won't be able if im offered a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

and we have the pleasure of going through this for 2 years on zero salary.

I for one won't be able if im offered a place.

t&c were made clear early on this thread, never mind on the iaa website. they've probably been as effective in culling the applicant pool as the various tests to this point. did you really think someone had made a mistake and you'd eventually get a free ride just for being persistent?

I was informed of this recruitment drive before it was even announced publicly and at this stage the previous t&c were still up on the website.

Regardless of this fact who's to say im not going through this process for alternative reasons. I simply stated that i won't be accepting an offer should it be made.

Did you think i was making a cryptic statement that you should read between the lines?

Take the statement for what it is

Did you think i was making a cryptic statement that you should read between the lines?

Take the statement for what it is

nothing cryptic apparent, "what it is" seems simply to be a strangely delayed statement of non-intent given the information which has been available for a while. as a urajoke said, this isn't first past the post so cracking on just to see if you make a notional top 24 shouldn't prove anything to yourself, never mind anyone else.

Again with the assumptions and again you must think im being cryptic as you assume i am trying to prove something to either myself or others. Please point out the section of my posts where i say this or even close to this.
    strangely delayed statement of non-intent

I didn't know it was an obligation to post here immediately upon knowing i would not proceed with a job offer. Just maybe i made that decision before i decided to post here but maybe that's a tad hard to fathom for you. Also whats strange about it. Like i said you must think its cryptic or something.

You are stating in a forum that the T&A have been up since the start. They have so why do you think i or anyone else needs you to reiterate that point.

You don't like the fact that im saying that i won't be proceeding with a job offer as a result of the pay situation then that's your problem but im making posts that others may be interested to know in that others may be in the same boat.

I dont want to fill up this forum with back and forth bickering so this will be my last response to you.

The T&A are known to everybody so please stop making useless posts

You are stating in a forum that the T&A have been up since the start.

didn't spot any T&A postings, but links to any material of that nature would be v effective in distracting me for a little while, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

I was informed of this recruitment drive before it was even announced publicly and at this stage the previous t&c were still up on the website.

Post no 2 states clearly no pay while training.

It would appear that you had inside information and possible some idea that
    the IAA would have a change of heart?

Advertisement