Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATC Student Programme 2013 *Warning post 195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Hi All,
    I'm due to sit the feast on the 28th of feb and was just wondering, has anyone from the group that passed the medical at the end of 2013 been called for placement.

Scp11? Theyre in the training this past month

• Registered Users Posts: 4 show some ambition

Scp11? Theyre in the training this past month

It's quite a quick process then. Is it true there is no allowance/pay to the students in training..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

It's quite a quick process then. Is it true there is no allowance/pay to the students in training..

Correct not a penny. Even when working live traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 show some ambition

urajoke wrote: »
    Correct not a penny. Even when working live traffic.

Jeez not going to do it now, gutted, thought with the iaa been unionised they wouldn't be able to do that, they must be looking for rich local people for the roles, anyhow good luck to anybody who applied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Jeez not going to do it now, gutted, thought with the iaa been unionised they wouldn't be able to do that, they must be looking for rich local people for the roles, anyhow good luck to anybody who applied

I'm feeling the same now, thought what the hell I'll go for the tests anyway but as we have to be there for 9:00am, I'm going to have to travel the day before and stay over which costs more money that I don't have, I think I'm going to cancel.

It's just feasible to do this training with no allowance or form of income and I'm finding it next to impossible to get an answer from the Department of Social Welfare as to whether they will do anything to subsidise this course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Post 447 talked about SUSI grants but not sure as it seems that the IAA is not registered with them.

It's just feasible to do this training with no allowance or form of income and I'm finding it next to impossible to get an answer from the Department of Social Welfare as to whether they will do anything to subsidise this course.
    Regarding Social welfare

JSA requires you to be available and looking for work,
    JSB now runs out after 9 months so jacking in work could leave you short.

Post 447 talked about SUSI grants but not sure as it seems that the IAA is not registered with them.

Regarding Social welfare

JSA requires you to be available and looking for work,
    JSB now runs out after 9 months so jacking in work could leave you short.

I don't know where I read this but I thought you weren't allowed have any other employment once you commenced training? Like the Garda training. I thought it would be a foregone conclusion that I would have to give up my job.

Does anyone know if the reduced starting salary of €32k will still have a top up of 27% shift allowance? making it about €41,000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Does anyone know if the reduced starting salary of €32k will still have a top up of 27% shift allowance? making it about €41,000?

Yes.

Does anyone know what the chances of a job are on completion of the training? It's such a big move to make with no income that I'd like to think that there is a job at the end. Is it naive to think that if they are investing €190k in training costs in each student that there will be jobs on offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Garret C

Has anyone heard back with there Feast and Dart results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Garret C wrote: »

Not yet. They said early this week

Garret C wrote: »

Pulled out in the end. No point, no a viable option for me with no training allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dardars

Can anyone who did this last year give any indication the time frame for each stage of the process? I got a letter in the door this week telling me I’ve passed my FEAST and DART. But like everyone else the finances are going to be an issue if I did get in. I would love to know roughly how long I have to cobble together the money.

Im in exactly the same boat. Got my letter yesterday so just going to continue to wait it out. Better not quit the day job just yet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Smaccer

Dardars wrote: »
    Can anyone who did this last year give any indication the time frame for each stage of the process? I got a letter in the door this week telling me I’ve passed my FEAST and DART. But like everyone else the finances are going to be an issue if I did get in. I would love to know roughly how long I have to cobble together the money.

Im in the same both as ye lads but i remember her saying on test day that it more than likely wont be happening in 2014!

Smaccer wrote: »
    Im in the same both as ye lads but i remember her saying on test day that it more than likely wont be happening in 2014!

If thats the case seems like a bit of a pointless exercise. Alot could change for people between now and 2015 which could rule them out so they have to re-run everything again. But sure you never know.

Seems odd alright that they would look for people a full year before they intend to start this. I think I’ll just ask them. They’re probably not in a position to answer me but sure no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rolltwix

hey, for ones who passed stage1 in february any news about stage2? or about the possible date when course starts? cheers

I sent an email to ask them but they said we’ll be told in due course. It’s frustrating but we’ll just have to wait. Might be no harm keeping an eye on their website too in case they add updates there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭geneva geneva4444

Dardars wrote: »
    I sent an email to ask them but they said we’ll be told in due course. It’s frustrating but we’ll just have to wait. Might be no harm keeping an eye on their website too in case they add updates there.

Where are ye at in this process exactly?

I’ve passed the FEAST and the DART, waiting on the online test and group interview now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rolltwix

hey, any news on anything for you?
    i had this online thingy 2 or 3 weeks ago, since that nothing.

Is there anyone else still going through this process and have any idea when the start date might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Not sure if it's relevant but I got invited to take the tests in late November, don't know what it means for you guys?
    Maybe they test routinely?

Maybe, hard to know if thats for the next group or they are still looking for people for the current group. Either way best of luck with the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Are they advertising for a new batch of student ATCs?

They accept applications at any stage on their website. Don't know when each batch will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rafter21

Hey Dardars. I'm Mike, I did the medical with you. The letter I got said they'd be in contact in 2015 when they're ready to take a new class in. In the interview they told me they were hoping it would in January.

I've still no idea how I'm gonna manage to get money for it.

• Advertisement

Hi Mike, yea they said January in my interview too. But that might not be the case anymore. I did ask Jackie but got no reply, my guess is their not really sure themselves when this will start. Like you im a bit worried about the money side of things too. Most people I’ve talked to about this are having that problem.

Is there anyone reading this who has been through the training already? What kinda hours are required and is there anyone doing it who also has part-time work?

Advertisement