Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATC Student Programme 2013 *Warning post 195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john94rn

Just got invited to group interview next march. Anyone able to give any advice. This might be the class your talking about. Anything would be usefull. Thanks.

I heard it was 9:30-5:30 mon-fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

I got invited for a group exercise in March too but I still wonder what the online thing is?

kapisko1PL wrote: »
    I got invited for a group exercise in March too but I still wonder what the online thing is?

Ya i know how you feel. No clue whats thats gonna be. Well done on passing aptitude tests. How are you fixed for 2 years unpaid? Lol.

john94rn wrote: »
    Ya i know how you feel. No clue whats thats gonna be. Well done on passing aptitude tests. How are you fixed for 2 years unpaid? Lol.

See, I am still in college doing Aeronautical Engineering in UL. I was thinking to drop out and get some money before I actually join.

So far, I have been working part-time in one of the hotels and thats how I got money for college.

I see that everybody is concerned about 2 years unpaid training. I know it is a bit awkward but I wonder is that because of the living expenses or is it because you have to pay for your training?

• Advertisement

No you dont pay for your training. its living expences to live. its all ok if thats your home, i live in cork and have a family to support. not gonna be easy but it wont stop me. please god i get it now.

No you dont pay for your training. its living expences to live. its all ok if thats your home, i live in cork and have a family to support. not gonna be easy but it wont stop me. please god i get it now.

Good Luck to you man! Maybe one day we will be working in the same place hehe :)

I have some savings + I will be working part-time so it might not be as bad as I think. Being an ATC is my dream and I will do my best to get there! :)

When was your test?

Good Luck to you man! Maybe one day we will be working in the same place hehe :)

I have some savings + I will be working part-time so it might not be as bad as I think. Being an ATC is my dream and I will do my best to get there! :)

When was your test?

End of november. You

Mine was on the 25th of November is Gresham Hotel in Dublin.

Mine was on the 25th of November is Gresham Hotel in Dublin.

Had mine on 27th. Was there many at your tests?

• Advertisement

Had mine on 27th. Was there many at your tests?

There was about 20-25 of us starting off and then only 11 passed the FEAST test.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rafter21

Hey guys, just for your information the training is more like 16 months rather than 2 full years.

10 months in Shannon and then 6 months in an Airport of their choice (Dubin, Cork or Shannon)

rafter21 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just for your information the training is more like 16 months rather than 2 full years.

10 months in Shannon and then 6 months in an Airport of their choice (Dubin, Cork or Shannon)

Wow that's a good news :) How big would the classes be? Are the classes normally run from mon to fri?

I'm not sure. 24 people max if earlier posts in this thread are to believed. I haven't started training yet. Waiting for our class to be called.

rafter21 wrote: »
    I'm not sure. 24 people max if earlier posts in this thread are to believed. I haven't started training yet. Waiting for our class to be called.

How long have you been waiting? Can you give any advice as far as the group interview? I was told mine is in march.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Training will be about 1 year then you'll do on the job training in an ops centre/tower as per iaa needs, 4 to 5 months ojt. Classes are now max 12 ppl, a swedish company took over the training so its all different from when I did it. It appears to be a better system though with continuous assessment rather than the stress loading of exams at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Would that be Entry point north AB
    http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1412926

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Would that be Entry point north AB
    http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1412926

yup

So I just got invited for a group assessment on 23 of march 2015. Anybody else got something? What is the group assessment?

Got an invite on 24th. Would be nice to know how many are at these things.

• Advertisement

4 or 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭olive20

Yay me 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

olive20 wrote: »
    Yay me 2.

When did you all do the dart and feast?

Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    When did you all do the dart and feast?

In December 2014

Done my group assesment and was wondering has anyone else done it for this class.

Yeah I did it on the 23rd. There were 6 in my group including me. Anybody has any idea when should we expect to hear from them?

Did mine yesterday. Had 7 in my group and had a group in before and after us. What did u think?

Well... what did I think... I believe they were looking at how we interact rather than the actual solution to the problem... 6 of us not knowing each other trying to come up with a solution to few problems... Don't really know what to think think since I don't know what they expected from us. Time will show. Bring it on!

It seemed very surreal the way it was set up. I dont think thgat the soulition was important either. It was like every other group a few wanted to lead others quiet happy to let it flow away. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Shane1989

Hey Kapisko1PL,
    I sat the group assesment on Monday 23rd March 2015 too, actually I think I was in your group. We're you on at 2:30 by any chance.?
    Anyhow, you don't know anything about when we will hear back do yo.?

Advertisement