Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATC Student Programme 2013 *Warning post 195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Shane1989 wrote: »
    Hey Kapisko1PL,
    I sat the group assesment on Monday 23rd March 2015 too, actually I think I was in your group. We're you on at 2:30 by any chance.?
    Anyhow, you don't know anything about when we will hear back do yo.?

Hey Shane! Yes, you were in my group! We were sitting opposite to each other at the table. And no, i don't know when we should hear back from them. The waiting is gonna kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shane1989

I know how you feel. I find myself constantly checking my email for notification.

Best of luck anyway and hopefully I will see you on the training. ðŸ˜Â႒

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rafter21

Starting training 14th September. Finally!!!

rafter21 wrote: »

Hey how did you find out?

rafter21 wrote:

Yeh, would be interested to know how you found that one out. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Just out of interest, has anyone heard anything back in relation to the group interviews/assessments yet.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sqawk7000

Congrats to you Rafter21!

I'm halfway through the selection process and was wondering if you or anyone else who's been accepted onto a course could pass on some info about what happens after the selection process.

I understand there is a training contract first and after successfully gaining your ATCO licence you may get offered a job, which if turned down, will incur a cost of €85,000. If there is a training contract we have to sign, does it detail the terms and conditions we will be employed on if offered a position after training?

I ask because I noticed a few months ago that the IAA have removed details of pay from their website and there is little to no information about the terms and conditions that we might be under when employed (ie. pay, 5on/3off shift pattern, etc). I know the terms on offer aren't what they used to be a few years ago. I am worried that the IAA could be looking to reduce pay further and may offer reduced terms of employment after training by using the 85k bond to hold successful trainees to ransom if they refuse to work for less than what was originally advertised (starting at €32,500 and rising to €88,540 over 20 years, etc).

Thanks!

rafter21 wrote:

Hey rafter21,
    Have you actually already been offered a place on he IAA training course or have you just got details of the proposed starting date???

kapisko1PL wrote:
    Hey Shane! Yes, you were in my group! We were sitting opposite to each other at the table. And no, i don't know when we should hear back from them. The waiting is gonna kill me!

Hey kapisko,

Have you heard anything back yet after our group assessment/interview.

Cheers.

Hey kapisko,

Have you heard anything back yet after our group assessment/interview.

Cheers.

Hey Shane! nothing yet! And I believe it will not be quick before we hear anything from them.

• Advertisement

Hey rafter21,
    Have you actually already been offered a place on he IAA training course or have you just got details of the proposed starting date???

I was accepted last year. Did the interview last August and the medical in September. They emailed me the date they are hoping to start a couple of weeks ago.

If the training takes place every two years (since the training takes up to two years to complete), assuming my assumptions to be correct and having my FEAST and DART tests done in November 2014, should I expect to start my training (if successful) in 2017?

They take in groups whenever they need new people. They could take in 2 groups in a year. They might not take in any in another year. I think the last group to start training was April 2014

So were you the group ahead of us? We are therefore the second group?

I did the FEAST and DART tests in February 2014. No idea if anyone did theirs in between then and when you did them.

But it took you around 12 months for the entire process?

Did the DART and FEAST tests in February, the online tests in around May, the group assessment in July, the interview in August and the medical in September.

Been just waiting since.

I haven't done any online tests and I have been talking to few other guys and they didn't do them either.

We'll just have to wait. Cheers for clearing things up a little.

Thanks rafter21,
    Appreciate you giving some clarity to the process.

Hey Guys, anything back from the IAA yet? Cheers. :)

• Advertisement

kapisko1PL wrote:
    Hey Guys, anything back from the IAA yet? Cheers.

Hey Kapisko1PL,
    No I've heard nothing back yet, how about you???

Hey Kapisko1PL,
    No I've heard nothing back yet, how about you???

Still nothing. Seems like it's gonna be a long wait. I'll post something when they get back to me. Probably next year. Lol.

kapisko1PL wrote:
    Still nothing. Seems like it's gonna be a long wait. I'll post something when they get back to me. Probably next year. Lol.

Will do the same Kapisko1PL, best of luck though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

re. the strikes in France, does anybody know if there's an obligatory retirement age in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

podge018 wrote: »
    . is there an obligatory retirement age in Ireland?

No

Unfortunately I did not pass stage 3.. I Got a letter in the post today. Anyways, good luck to you Shane and to the others!

Did anybody pass/fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Garret C

I also got a letter about starting the 14th of Sept. Did my Dart and Feast back in early 2014 very long process.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john94rn

Garret C wrote: »
    I also got a letter about starting the 14th of Sept. Did my Dart and Feast back in early 2014 very long process.

Did my feast dart in november. Final interview upcomming. Do you or anyone else know any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sqawk7000

Things do seem to be moving along quickly enough for this round of assessments alright. It's possible that the IAA may need to fill a few spare places for the course in September if some candidates from the last intake gave up waiting in the hold pool. Or perhaps they just want to have their hold pool topped up for whenever the next course kicks off!

Guess we'll see in a not too distant future...

Advertisement