Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATC Student Programme 2013 *Warning post 195*

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john94rn

Any one do interviews this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cjcon

I got my letter on Monday! Having heard bad news comes by mail I was nervous but I'm on the course pending the medical, should hear during the week.

It didn't specify but I'm assuming September.

cjcon wrote: »
    I got my letter on Monday! Having heard bad news comes by mail I was nervous but I'm on the course pending the medical, should hear during the week.

It didn't specify but I'm assuming September.

Just wondering when you done interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cjcon

john94rn wrote: »
    Just wondering when you done interview?

Tuesday before last.

Done mine the same day, got the good news myself. All happy. See you in sept hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LonelyRock

Hey Guys, think I'm going to be on the same course as you (pending medical etc.). Is Sept 14th the actual start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dardars

Yup Sept 14th is the big day. Got my contract last week and sent it off in the post over the weekend. See you all down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Decs86

Got the offer myself. roll on the 14th!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Hi Guys, just a quick question did you initially just apply on the IAA website for the controller program. I applied at the start of the year and received one automated email saying they received the application and would be contacted in due course.

It seems to be a long process from what I am reading from you guys. I am just wondering if they ask everyone who makes the Initial very first online application. The Leaving Cert results and very small application form are not very much to go on. I am hoping I have not been skipped over.

Cheers and good luck to the new starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

Good luck tomorrow. The end goal will constantly be your motivation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jameskil

Hey all -

just looking advice from anyone thats done the program since they cut the expenses a few years ago. How do you support yourself financially?

Is there any grant assistance or do you need to bank loan it? I have been invited to test but i couldnt move to Shannon and feed myself for two years with no income. I t looks like the area is pretty small too so jobs im sure are hard come by :( Any advise? Just trying to decide if there is a point proceeding although its a career ive avidly followed and wanted to apply to for years

Any advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jameskil wrote: »
    Hey all -

just looking advice from anyone thats done the program since they cut the expenses a few years ago. How do you support yourself financially?

Is there any grant assistance or do you need to bank loan it? I have been invited to test but i couldnt move to Shannon and feed myself for two years with no income. I t looks like the area is pretty small too so jobs im sure are hard come by :( Any advise? Just trying to decide if there is a point proceeding although its a career ive avidly followed and wanted to apply to for years

Any advice much appreciated.
    Have you checked out with your local Intreo Office (Social Welfare) if the programme is suitable for the "Back to Education Allowance" payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cathalf84

Decs86 wrote: »
    Got the offer myself. roll on the 14th!

Hey guys I am thinking of going for the Air traffic controller programe 2017. I went for it last year but didnt get past the Dart test. Is there any way of training for the Dart Test. Also can anybody give me some info on the two year training, do you have to fund yourself while training or do you get paid. Any help would be appreciated a lot thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

There is a limit on how soon you can retake the FEAST test, but I believe you would be able to use last year's score in this year's competition. I don't know if there is a similar restriction on retaking the DART.

No payment is made until starting the On The Job phase of training (12-16 months from start date).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cathalf84

faoiarvok wrote: »
    There is a limit on how soon you can retake the FEAST test, but I believe you would be able to use last year's score in this year's competition. I don't know if there is a similar restriction on retaking the DART.

No payment is made until starting the On The Job phase of training (12-16 months from start date).

Ok so prob just resit the Dart test again and hopefully pass it this time. Are you a traffic controller? Also is there anything I can do to practise for the Dart test. Thanks.

Anyone know when the next round of applications are open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

derra_121 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next round of applications are open?

Current round closes on the 15th of March.

Future classes may draw from this round or be a separate recruitment drive entirely.

it's too early to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

https://www.iaa.ie/news/2015/11/13/statement-from-the-irish-aviation-authority-1

Not to be banging on about pay but it is important at the end of the day.

Salary starts at €32.5k + 27%.

Pension contribution of 30.5% per link above.

So do the IAA make a contribution to your pension of €10k on top of your gross salary?

That scheme is closed to new entrants'.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

That scheme is closed to new entrants'.

So new entrants have no pension?

• Advertisement

So new entrants have no pension?
    I would suggest you contact them for the up to date information.

The link is to a press release from 2010.
    Headquarters

Address:Irish Aviation Authority, The Times Building, 11-12 D'Olier Street, Dublin 2.Tel:+353 1 671 8655

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Greenpic

If you complete your feast are you automatically called to complete dart or are only a certain number of people called ?

Thanks

Greenpic wrote: »
    If you complete your feast are you automatically called to complete dart or are only a certain number of people called ?

Thanks

Complete or pass? Big difference if pass should then be called at an appropriate date.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

john94rn wrote: »
    Complete or pass? Big difference if pass should then be called at an appropriate date.

Same question answered in the more recent thread, with more discussion on this year's recruitment for those interested: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/103420602

Contrails wrote: »
    I'm very interested to see how the money aspect pans out with this intake. How they will find 24 top candidates who all just so happen to have 2 years spending money in their back pocket is beyond me and I will be very surprised if it works out.

I must say though, while not offering an allowance is good for the bottom line, it's immoral given alot of the training is on the JOB and I genuinely believe students could find themselves bailing out of the programme because of funds drying up as opposed to a lack of ability. Which would be a real pain in the face for all concerned.

The iaa made a €22.9M profit last year. 24 students earning an allowance of €19k for 2 years comes to a total of just over €0.9M. Minus the drop outs and that figure drops further. So you're looking at maybe ~€0.4m per year for allowances. With a €22.9M profit, that's a fart in a hurricane.

Can anyone in this thread update on how they got on in 2014 during the training with no income??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheSupernova1

I have registered my interest in this year student controller program.

Can anyone let me know how they faired with the tests in the last year or two and those who got through to the training how they are going? What's the craic with the DART test?

I have seen a lot of figures thrown around for salary does anyone know the starting salary after training?

Advertisement