Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads up - Homebrew equipment for sale in Tesco

Options
  • 08-04-2013 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Not sure if it is all Tescos but the one in Clearwater (Finglas) has a decent selection of homebrew equipment at the moment. Mainly brew kits like the entire Coopers one for €92. There are also some Youngs fermentation casks and a selection of about 20-25 different beers to brew. There as well was Coopers 24 packs of empty bottles, caps, C02 bulbs, sterilisers, brew enhancers and other peripherals like bottle brushes other cleaning equipment.

Its all on a shelf next to the motor oils, it is a shelf where the products change every few weeks so get it while you can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Been around for a while now. By all accounts it's expensive compared to online but if you are in need of something on brewday, such as you broke your hydrometer or thermometer then it will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah was just checking out some prices online vis a vis Tesco. That complete Coopers brewkit is €89 online and €92 in Tesco so not much in the difference. Other things might be a little bit more expensive in Tesco over online but not by a huge amount.

Think I might get the Coopers Starter kit to get my brew underway over the weekend, some beer for the summer is needed=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Just an addition to this. I was in the Tesco Clearwater (Finglas) branch again today and they have 50% off the entire range of Youngs Homebrew kits, all reduced from €15 to €7.50.

Might be handy for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Saw the same in tesco maynooth yesterday. Grabbed a two can wherry kit for 15 deutschmarks. Loads of other kits for 7.50.

edit: i got the last wherry kit

Advertisement