Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPad 2 glass/plastic digitizer replacement

• 08-04-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

My ipad fell and the digitizer broke so i ordered a new one from ebay which clearly said it was a "glass" digitizer, but when i get it its actually plastic. I have emailed them and am awaiting a response. Has anyone used one of these before? would they be ok to use? also if someone could advise me where i could buy good quality glass replacement id be very grateful.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Are you sure its plastic?
    I've never seen a plastic digitizer, can you post a photo?
    Its usually 2 layers of glass stuck together like below
    153121_120409212133_IPAD_2_DIGI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yalwaysme

yeh its plastic and i cant get reply from seller now. arrrgh.

sorry its plexiglass obviously :) but its still crap. so has anyone ever used this? ANYONE ANYWHERE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I have used these and have found them extremely good. Anytime I order anything it gets delivered next day, I'm in Dublin:
    http://www.syncron.ie/

kevc2 wrote: »
    I have used these and have found them extremely good. Anytime I order anything it gets delivered next day, I'm in Dublin:
    http://www.syncron.ie/

Thanks mate and they are glass yeh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

It says glass on their site. I haven't installed any iPad digitizers but have ordered iPhone ones and they were great quality.

Yeh so it does il give them a buzz to be on safe side. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've never seen a flexable digitizer like that before.

I've never seen a flexable digitizer like that before.

Cathal plenty of then on ebay! unreal the ****e some people sell ya!

Advertisement