Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birthday party venue

Options
  • 08-04-2013 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭

I may be pushing my luck posting this year, as my near 4 year old may not qualify as a toddler anymore :(, so mods feel free to break my heart and move if so ;)

Does anyone know of a good birthday party venue for kids? I'm looking for a room type scenario as opposed to a jungle gym type place. My thinking would be to invite all the family and some friends and the guests' ages range from 2 all the way to 12, most jungle gym type places have age/height restrictions which would exclude older cousins.

My other main objective is of course to avoid the massive clean up of a house party ;)

Does such a place exist or am I looking for a glorified function room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I may be pushing my luck posting this year, as my near 4 year old may not qualify as a toddler anymore :(, so mods feel free to break my heart and move if so ;)

Does anyone know of a good birthday party venue for kids? I'm looking for a room type scenario as opposed to a jungle gym type place. My thinking would be to invite all the family and some friends and the guests' ages range from 2 all the way to 12, most jungle gym type places have age/height restrictions which would exclude older cousins.

My other main objective is of course to avoid the massive clean up of a house party ;)

Does such a place exist or am I looking for a glorified function room?

For our kids third birthday we invited family and friends to Maloughney's in Clontarf for brunch at 11am. Suited all ages, not a 'party' party but everyone loved it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is a place in Celbridge -

http://www.celbridgemillcommunitycentre.ie/Birthdays.aspx
    The open farm near Maynooth does parties too.

Local GAA halls usually let you rent their facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Local Community Centre might have a room you could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Panda Play Cafe also do parties - may be a bit dear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Thanks so.much for the replies.

Never thought of community centre/GAA Clubs and there are loads around here!

3dmodem is it a pub function room? id like a kids setting as opposed to alcohol

oral slang...I'm pretty sure panda have age/height restrictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Possibly Hannibal, age group for the cafes is 0-5, so thought it would be within your range, but yes if you've older kids going, then maybe it wouldn't be appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Not a pub it's a lovely child friendly restaurant where you can reserve a large section to yourself. Service was excellent, kids of all ages were welcome.

They have a website.

Advertisement